• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help me get this stance!

s99

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly like how this car sits. Like alot. So I would like my car to sit like this guy! Are these 13" wheels? What size tires do you think he is running? Those wheels look very similar to Mahle's, can anyone confirm what they are? Also his car is sitting damn low. I would only have to assume he is running camber plates, as well and spiffed up struts/springs

post-17228-13667625086551_thumb.jpg

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly like how this car sits. Like alot. So I would like my car to sit like this guy! Are these 13" wheels? What size tires do you think he is running? Those wheels look very similar to Mahle's, can anyone confirm what they are? Also his car is sitting damn low. I would only have to assume he is running camber plates, as well and spiffed up struts/springs

....and it rubs in the front. I asked him.

Its under load in that shot, from braking, so it doesn't sit that way at a stop. You can't really run a car that low and expect to be able to drive it like it was intended. Not as a street car anyway. You need suspension travel, at least a bit.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

He's probably running front and rear coilovers, adjustable camber plates and everything else for a track car. You probably will not be very happy with that on the street. But it does look badass...

+1

But maybe not rear coilovers due to the class rules.

If you want that stance... get some of these.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=690/CA=68

http://www.iemotorsport.com/

Shortened struts with either VW rabbit inserts or Ground Control modified struts with shorter and larger diameter Koni inserts.... Adj camber plates.... For the front.

For the rear... I do not recommend full coilovers due to the expense of modifying the trailing arm for added strength... I recommend 5' springs in the normal location in the recommended spring rate from either Ireland or Ground Control paired with some of these circle track spring adjusters like Steve K. used on his AutoX car...

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/SCCA%20AutoX%20GoldenGateFields09/?action=view&current=HPIM7881.jpg

Your desired stance can be achieved on the street but you WILL sacrifice ride and..... well, use spring rates recommended by whomever you get the setup from.

HTH

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

What about this stance, for me, this is ideal, not too low, perfect stance nice wheels, stock patina! I dont know whos is this on here but i would like to talk to them about the set up.

0429101753a_1.jpg

0429101752a_1.jpg[/img]

1968 BMW 1600 Chmnx White

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

60% of the time, it works every time!

best stance I've ever seen on an 02: http://www.bmw02.de/BMW-2002ti.254.0.html?&L=2

Not sure how practical though...

never saw that pic......nice hot rod!!!....too low in frt IMO.....

Ive always felt that pig cheek cars look great in unusual color combo's...

For our pig dream, I sometimes wish the car was NOT Inka...

thnx 4 the link

What is PIG CHEEK ?

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

What about this stance, for me, this is ideal, not too low, perfect stance nice wheels, stock patina! I dont know whos is this on here but i would like to talk to them about the set up.

0429101753a_1.jpg

0429101752a_1.jpg[/img]

This is Cris' (CJ) car. It is probably my favorite stance I have ever seen on an 02. We need some details on the setup!

This is Cris' (CJ) car. It is probably my favorite stance I have ever seen on an 02. We need some details on the setup!

Yes, i believe we need some details, for street use this seem ideal, i dont race, but i do like this stance a whole lot.

Can somebody explain what "PIG CHEEKS" is ?

1976 2002 Parts car

2003 f150

best stance I've ever seen on an 02: http://www.bmw02.de/BMW-2002ti.254.0.html?&L=2

Not sure how practical though...

never saw that pic......nice hot rod!!!....too low in frt IMO.....

Ive always felt that pig cheek cars look great in unusual color combo's...

For our pig dream, I sometimes wish the car was NOT Inka...

thnx 4 the link

What is PIG CHEEK ?

If you follow the link you'll see that the car is sporting pig cheeks - it's just a different type of wheel arch flare as opposed to turbo flares or box flares. Oink.

*UPDATE* Just added the pic to my original post :)

'73 tii arancio borealis - finished?!

'74 lux fjord - gone :(

'73 3.0csi polaris