• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thread for giving props to our better half this season...

Rev.Bubba

For reasons I have stated before in another post, it is worth giving props to the wonderful ladies in our lives that is supportive and tolerant of our obsessive and somewhat manic behavior. Of course, we all know that is to be debated.

Feel free to man up and take the time to give a shout out to your better half in this thread, you know she deserves it.

I LOVE YOU HEATHER!

:)

The Console Queen (Ruth) has been a saint during all this madness. She even laughed at me when my cover was blown on a stashed car I had.

But I know the limits and I have reached them for sure.

Small boxes of bling for her do help counter act the large boxes of bling for me.

35 years this May 3! I believe I will take her to the Vintage at the Vineyards for our anniversary. How would that be? Oh, maybe I should ask her, I know your answers.

HemmingsShow2008003.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

But I know the limits and I have reached them for sure.

I'm in the same boat as you, my friend. Not only have I reached them, but have surpassed them (thanks again, AndyS! LOL!).

Maria has endured 29 1/2 years of marriage to an obsessed maniac, who has always dragged old BMW carcasses home to fix them up, always saying "this will be my last one, honey!". She has finally put her foot down for good and has decreed that there will be no more in the foreseeable future.

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

My love and thanks to Amy! 10 years wed this past Sept. For letting me get my first 2002, and buying it back 4 years later for more than I paid the first time. :)

Enduring me tearing it apart to bare metal right after I got it running reliably and dealing with the current mess I'm making of the garage while I'm restoring it.

I remained single for most of my adult life. This was mainly a matter of personal choice, but also because despite having several long-term relationships with some amazing women, I'd never met anyone I wanted to say 'Forever' to.

Well 14 yrs. ago all that changed when I hired a bright young woman to run a hotel owned by the company I headed. We worked together for 2 yrs. until I left the company, no romantic entaglement at all, just co-workers. A year later, I was waiting in DFW in a bar for my plane and out of nowhere, she approached me so we sat for a drink. In catching up, she mentioned that while she enjoyed working for me, it had also been difficult - something I rarely heard from subordinates. I asked why and she replied because she had always had feelings for me. Of course, as luck would have it, at this precise moment, my flight was called. I suggested that we meet in a week when I returned home and continue over dinner. Well, she moved in 3 weeks later and we were married 18 mos. after that and have been happily married for the past 10 yrs.

Anyway, while we were still courting, she learned of my passion for cars. Mostly because I spent so much time in the garage working on one of several classics I own(ed). Well, the first birthday we were together, she got me a lawn chair and a boombox. Slightly confused, I asked her why a boombox and she said that it was for the garage. OK, but that didn't explain the chair. She went on to say that the chair was so that she could come down to the garage, listen to music and read a book while I was working on the cars - that way, we would be spending time together. I believe that was the exact moment I decided to ask for her hand. When I got my '76 '02 3 mos. ago, she decided that the stock steering wheel had to go, so on Xmas morning, there's going to be an NOS coarse splined BMW M-Tech steering wheel waiting for me under the tree!

In the years since, we have attended many functions of the various clubs I belong to: Lotus Club, Healey Club, Porsche Club, etc. and inevitably some of the members' wives will gather in a corner and complain about the time and money their husbands spend on their cars. Brenda, on more than one occaision, will wade through them and ask why they wouldn't want to support their husbands passion? She reminds them that many men are doing things which are much worse. Aside from gambling, drinking, womanizing, Golf, Fantasy Sports, Bowling Leaguers, etc. she'll also include those with $30k Bass Boats who, when it's all said and done, end up paying the price of a nice night out to put a couple bass filets on the table - bass that the wife usually ends up cleaning and cooking. That pretty well shuts them up.

So, here's a shoutout to my lovely bride - Thanks for all your support and understanding!

My one wish is that you guys are just as lucky!

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet

You guys are making me cry...

Haha.....just kidding.

...like 02for2 I remained single a "while"...... 49 yrs......!!! I was just married 2 yrs ago.....

I dove into my car hobby head first for most of those 49 yrs......no one ever saw my passion up close.....I never lived w/ anyone. Sure, I had many relationships lasting years( dont tell my wife), but no one ever go to see my real fire/nuttiness/passion up close and under the same roof....

Between SPEED/HDTV..the internet...magazines...time in the garage.. going to spectator events..and the 4 or 5 months of tracking an e 30.........my wife thinks its just over the top ABNORMAL.....

I love her to death.....my dream girl in fact.......but I dont really get much support.

Its my thing...we dont share it and its fine w/ me. I admit it would be nice to plan a short vacation /road trip around a car event....but it aint happening! She can barely sit next to me and watch Mecum or BJ auctions for 5 min/ w/o getting up and just rolling her eyes...

c'mon.....you all have never heard:

" you love that car more than me!"...? to which I always reply?...."which car?"..lol

I cant even imagine support like some of you have...........congrats

To Tiffany... 17 years of allowing me free reign as a an OCD car and film nut. Together we have been from the summits to the valleys and back again and all without a discouraging word between us. It helps that it is a two way street...

Achtung Lieber Himmel!

1976 Rot und Schwartz daily driver "Otto Q. Gilgamesh"

I got my first 2002 earlier in the year that I first met my wife-to-be, so she's been putting up with us for over 29 years!

She doesn't give me any grief about the car, but having parts delivered to my office address doesn't hurt!

I'm paying for it this season, rewarding her with granite or quartz counter tops...

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I got my first 2002 earlier in the year that I first met my wife-to-be, so she's been putting up with us for over 29 years!

She doesn't give me any grief about the car, but having parts delivered to my office address doesn't hurt!

I'm paying for it this season, rewarding her with granite or quartz counter tops...

office deliveries.....how sweet they are....

A lot of you know my wife Alexis [NeueKlasseBMWs on eBay, and queen of VintageBMWSource.com] nuf said! Not only does she accept my severe car issues, but she is passionate about them as well! The picture attached is when she was about 6-7 months pregnant. She had just pulled the engine and tranny out of her 2000cs [by herself], and was knee deep in striping the engine bay and painting it. She also helps with all of the SoCal Vintage BMW stuff, does all of the cooking for our drive and BBQ meets that we do, is currently building an Agave 69 sidedraft car, AND she puts up with my endless babbling about cars/parts/projects!

One in a million.

post-1509-13667616966268_thumb.jpg

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication

before we were married--she knew what she was getting into and married me anyway. She drove 2002s as her daily driver from 1969 to 1985...

In the past few years she's ridden in an 02 from Dayton to Ft Worth, Watkins Glen, several V@Vs and Atlanta...and been a good sport about the noisy ride with sometimes air conditioning. She's not a car person but cheerfully goes to weekend and week-long car events with me.

Our 44th anniversary is coming up later this month and she's still putting up with me and my cars...bless her!

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Coming up on 25 Christmases together this month (and our 24th wedding anniversary in the spring of '10) - 2nd marriage for both of us, couldn't be happier. Jana was driving a 73 1/2 911 T Targa when we met in '85, and has consistantly been supportive and patient with my automotive hobby / obsession, to the point of coming home to urge me to go check out cars she's seen for sale or semi-abandoned, even when we've got more of 'em than we have room for.

We generally go to most car events together, and split our time between event related stuff and sightseeing, shopping, museums and other things of a non-automotive nature, which keeps us both happy........

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)