• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yeaaah. About those NLA 13's you "scored" for the

eurotrash

Thanks for posting that news clip. I will check all my tires now. My '02 came with KumHo tires of ?? age. I got rid of them after using them for about 5 more years. Probably not so safe, though they looked OK. My new tires (Yokohama Avid T4) were presumably new when shipped to me. They need to be checked as well.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

i wonder how many of these "new tires" in the graveyard of crashed vehicles were under-inflated. looked like a lot of SUVs in that warehouse. remember the whole firestone thing years ago with ford explorers? i had one at the time and i maintained my tires properly. that didn't stop a slow tread separation. i ended up getting $400 in credit for 4 new tires.

FAQ member #4044

Yea that kinda of scary.. I think i need to go look at my tires!

BTW if you received tires that were older than six years old (and bought new) from tire rack or another big name, would they take them back?

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

i always check the born on date moulded in the tire sidewall when i get new tires. more than a year old i refuse them for street tires. my limit goes down to two months for race tires. every day after tires come out of the mould the performance drops as the compound gets harder.

2xM3

NIIIICEEEE I am about to go and see how lucky I was hitting 110 on the way to san fran and back two years ago when I drove to bay area 02 from southern cali. Yup they are the Michelin xas too. No longer on the car, but damn..

Anyone wanna put some bets? they came on the car when I bought it..

70Bristol02 E36M3 E34535im

And to think I put 1200 miles on my 22 year old Michelin's... I just bought some 7 year old Toyos...

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2