• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"The Stance Thread"

oz_tom

12 minutes ago, markmac said:

I like the look of #2.  #3 may be the same or similar, hard to tell as the images are from different distances.  I was never a Sahara fan but am becoming more of one now.  Great looking ride.

Yep, the look is nearly identical in terms of ride height/where the tires sit in the arches between #2 and #3. But the ride is night/day different.

Unfortunately I don't have exact same angle shots across the three "eras" of this car.

I wasn't a Sahara lover prior to this car either. But it has definitely grown on me.

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

I like the look of #3. Any thoughts of going to 14" or 15" wheels since decent 13" tires are going the way of the dinosaur in the US market? See pics of my Sahara tii with 15" wheels on page 94 of this thread.  

Edited by Gordon

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

• 1 month later...

I'm considering jumping on a set of GC coilovers for their black Friday sale, and I've been unable to find anyone whose running their suspension with my wheel setup

Limmerfelgen H&B reps - 14x6.5 et32 on 195/60/14 tires.  Trying to find answers to the big three

1.  Will I rub?

2.  Do I need to modify fenders?

3.  Do I need spacers?

Offsets and backspacing confuse me to no end...

Edited by Leucadian

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

20 minutes ago, Leucadian said:

I'm considering jumping on a set of GC coilovers for their black Friday sale, and I've been unable to find anyone whose running their suspension with my wheel setup

Limmerfelgen H&B reps - 14x6.5 et32 on 195/60/14 tires.  Trying to find answers to the big three

1.  Will I rub? no way in hell will you rub with those tiny wheels

2.  Do I need to modify fenders? no need to do that

3.  Do I need spacers?  A 10mm spacer or maybe a 15mm spacer will make your wheels sit flush

Offsets and backspacing confuse me to no end...

I've run 14x7 with a +20 offset after my 10mm spacers with no issues at all. Currently running 15x6.5 with 195/45 tires with a +20 offset on my current wheel setup which is on page  94 of this thread with my GC setup.

• Thanks 1

You should be fine for rubbing, but that 32 offset on a 6.5” rim might be a little high. It shouldn’t be a rubbing issue, but you might find that the wheels look a bit inset in the fenders. 

For reference, this is a 15x6 et 12. The face of the rim is ~2.5” out from the hub. Your rims would be 1/2” inset from this. A 10-12mm spacer would push you out to match. 

1951C900-2712-435E-8B21-42DEAE1DE6AA.jpeg.709ee2d7f4f8e066423a3e3db9255e50.jpeg

This is a 16x7 et 25. This also lands the rim face ~2.5” out from the hub face.  Zero rubbing on either setup and both fill the fender nicely. Complete GC suspension in both pics. 

9B2F92A5-159A-4172-9728-AC3B37DD3889.jpeg.23f2f9df76eff1b8ed4d304fbdf0e4cd.jpeg

Your offset would give you a 1” narrower track width and might affect handling slightly, but would affect looks noticeably. Spacers or different wheels if it was me. 

• Thanks 1

Doesn’t look bad IMO. Those tires are fat enough to fill the arch. You could try some 5mm spacers and see how it looks. I forgot to mention last night, but the 10mm spacer would likely require longer wheel studs. They’re not that hard to install, but they would be additional time and expense that could probably be avoided with a thinner spacer. 

I dig those wheels, looks nice!👍

• Like 1