• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how many have an "02 fund"?

BLUNT

you know, maybe an envelope tucked away in the back of the drawer or in your toolbox that the spouse doesnt know about? not that youre hiding anything but its just in a safe place so to speak.

i have one and sometimes i just go in there and count it for no reason and then think about what i can get with it. i go on spending spree's and when it gets down to a certain point i know i have to refrain and try to build it back up. i have a certain number i try not to go below just so i feel safe as far as car parts go

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you guys really do that???

I'm not quite at that point yet - seperate checking accounts still. I do fear the day that it is all out in the open. Direct deposit doesn't exactly allow for much skimming and because she works at the investment company where my IRA, 529 & other long term savings is held it's not exactly like I can say that's where the money is going! Although when I think about it I wonder how many 2002 parts I could get with a few pairs of shoes, designer jeans, handbags, etc....

Right now I try to offset with extra parts sales however it's barely an offset to beer money at the moment. Guess I'll buy another lottery ticket and put that in a jar :-)

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Oh is that what I should call it? I try to keep it under $500.00a month but Narlie is spoiled rotten and we got plans for the spring. I broke the bank yesterday. I ordered some HD bilstiens, TEP strut brace and battery relocation to trunk 'brace' an antenna for my Europa Becker, and a 38/38 carb. Last month it was floor pans and carpet. Today I got 2 1:18 diecasts a Turbo with detail down to the under hood stickers ( now I know where they go) and a Tii Lux. I think I'm broke now! If I went to Mass I would have to do confession for this. Good thing I'm Baptist

I've got one, of a sorts, and it's not hidden.

I took out a personal loan (not car loan) at my Credit Union when I bought my 02 to cover some fix-up/upgrade costs. The loan's long since paid off, but I keep the direct deposits flowing at that low, per-payday rate into that account, which I now use to cover costs for upkeep/upgrade of my bimmer.

Small stuff operating costs comes out of our normal checking account, but larger costs for repairs or new goodies get covered from there. I just had to dip into it big-time due to a recent full engine rebuild/upgrade, but that didn't clean it all out, and it's now accumulating again. With a 31 year old car, and a passion for driving it, it seemed like a reasonable approach to assure I had some rainy-day, or gotta-have-it funds. (And if we ever need some emergency cash for other stuff, it's there too.)

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

I have one. I never give change or $1 bills for purchases I make. It all goes into my car stash fund. You'll be surprise how fast the $1 bills add up.

Phil/Bomb Guy in Colorado

2002 E46M3

2002 E46 325 xi

1991 E30 325ix

1970 2002 M2

1966 Mustang

Heck yeah man!!!! that's one of the finer things in life! :-) Keeps harmony in the household too, not intermingling car stuff purchases with grocery money, etc.!

My problem is it's never enough for what I want! :-) I used to tuck away my money from my reimbursable expense checks at work...at one point I had $600 or $700 in there, but right now there's "zip" in there...but I have a new lift to go look at, so that definitely helps!

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

I do! It is called paypal. The money from all the things I sell that I no longer need sits in my account and I transfer as the need arises or use it to paypal money to sellers. This way no explanations are needed as to why I keep spending dinero!! I don't like to touch my paycheck money on my car stuff. OH!! I never use plastic to buy parts.

I keep all my small change in a can, in Oz one and two dollars are coins, so a hand full of coins can be quite a bit - not enough for a new clutch though. But it all helps. Beaner7102

1971 - 2002 RHD VIN 1653940. Agave (stock with Pertronix & 32/36 Weber) - "Cactus"

1972 - 1602 RHD VIN 1554408. Fjord (with 2L motor, 5spd & LSD - Weber 40/40 to come) - "Bluey"

1984 - E30 318i VIN WBAAK320208722176 - stock daily driver