• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

who makes the stiffest lowest spring

BLUNT

Blunt: My H&R Sports (on Hugo) are about as stiff as you'd want to go on an '02....very firm but won't break your hiney when going over bumps! :-)

John

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

thanks john, i have a set for my colorado car along with sports. i wanted to drop this other car on the ground so i have to dodge cigarette butts on the road. seems like i may have to go coilovers to get it that low. i cut the stockers already but its too soft. but in all fairness i have no clue what this thing has for shocks.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Get coilovers...once you have them you'll never go back to anything else...especially if you enjoy your 02 at the occasional driver's school...plus you can adjust the ride height as low or high as you'd like. If you go rear coilover in addition to fronts, remember you must reinforce or brace the shock towers because they will bust right through into the trunk if you don't...and by brace I mean something welded right to the nipples of the shock tower...the best bet would be to extend a roll cage to them....You need ALOT of re-inforcement....

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

i want it just slightly less than windshield shattering stiff

just a friendly comment...

every time you take compliance out of a system (suspension, in your case) you are merely transferring all those shock loads to some other component. be it engine mounts and/or brackets, welds on the trailing arms or brackets or even welds on the body sheet metal, such as doors or trunk seams. so, as you stiffen up a car you need to add to your habits of inspection of weak points.

the energy has to be dissipated somehow. perhaps a sore butt is one means. maybe this could be construed as an excuse to grow a big heavy butt as a shock wave dissipator. pass the cake and ice cream, please

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

Shox.com has B&G springs for $180, and they claim a 2" drop.

I know nothing about B&G at all, but I've heard they might actually be a high quality company that just isn't very well known in the US.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

If you go rear coilover in addition to fronts, remember you must reinforce or brace the shock towers because they will bust right through into the trunk if you don't...and by brace I mean something welded right to the nipples of the shock tower...the best bet would be to extend a roll cage to them....You need ALOT of re-inforcement....

I drove about 5,000 VERY hard miles without any reinforcement at the rear using coilovers and nothing burst through. My back end was about as saggy as Pavarotti's, but that's another story.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

without going coilovers. does anyone make linear springs or are they all progressive like h&r's.

Hi Blunt. I am afraid that there is no way around coil-overs if you want a very low car. I guess that you are building something impresssive too and that with 200 street HP, you will need a slammed car. You will be able to pick your spring rate and length, cut the front struts to avoid bottoming and even corner balance the car. Believe me. COIL-OVERS is the answer. And do not forget to everse the rear subframe mounts to get rid of that extra (and excessive) negative camber/toe you get when lowering the 2002.

CRW_8578.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.