• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Look Just Like Buddy Holly, O O, I Know Mary Tyler Moore

Biscuit3

WEEEEEEEZER! Nuts to you who don't like my threads! But hearing the name "Holley", prompts me to ask - has anybody ever put a Holley carburettor in their 2002? Do they work? Don't hear much about them often and if they do work, I'll be kicking myself for not getting something different!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Ash,

It looks as though there is potential for employment as a PE teacher, in Rockingham Co., this coming Fall. School begins Aug. 20something.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Last time I was back home 3 years ago, I didn't even recognize the place! Not much of the country side left. Has turned into super wal-marts and motor miles. I might be back towards the end of this year however, keep an eye out!

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Holly makes a 2bbl carb that has the same bolt spacing as a 32/36 webber. I think they were available from the Mopar catalog at the Dodge dealer for a racing setup on a 2.2

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

Slightly OT (although related by brand) -- I just took the 2bbl Holley off my Ford F-350, replacing it with an Edelbrock 4bbl. The 2bbl is free to a good home. The reason I took it off, however, is that Holley doesn't make a rebuild kit for that particular model, and I didn't have the time to machine/adapt other parts and kits. If you have the time, howvever, the carb is yours for the taking.

...."Holley never made a carburetor. Never. They TRIED really hard, but they never made a carburetor."

In my experience, Holleys are good for non-precise power. Put on American V8's and not much else.

I recommend Weber stuff. Works for me!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Last Holley Carb I owned was perched atop a high rise aluminum manifold on my new '67 Chevelle SS 396 375HP Monster Engine!!!! Damn, I miss that car today...750 cfm Holley SWEET!!!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"