• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

getting a new license plate today- vanity choices

2RDROAD --> turd road?? not sure what this one is...

GNTKLLR --> kind of looks like GNaTKiLLeR but I know that wasn't your intention, right?

The others are good. Mostly a matter of personal taste... go with what you like. I like something a little cryptic but that's just me. Mine are listed below.

Karl

'73 2002tii w/ A54ATII

'70 1600-2 w/ NULZWEI

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

MY 02; E-114 (that's what I have); M10 PWR; FAST 02, etc etc...let your imagination run wild!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

here are my other ones:

'88 M5 - "BAKBRNR" (Back Burner)...story behind this one! :-)

'73tii - 7302TII

'72tii - HUGO-TII

'76 - BMW CCA

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Personally I would never put the word "FAST" in my license plate...that's just asking to be ticketed!!!! Besides, cops don't think these little cars are very fast anyway...so why spread the word? :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

Guest Anonymous

LOL

my first thought when I read those was

"Gunt killer" and "First Poke"

hmm.. maybe not.

i was recently given a '68 1602 for the purpose of cannabilizing it. i towed it home before i realized that it included a vanity plate "TADPOL". were it not for the fact that it had a S/R and was Agave (green) and has minimum rust issues, i would have scavenged it.

however, the idea of a green car jolting through lanes of traffic or blithely wandering country roads in the image of a tadpole REALLY appealed to me.

i'm not a vanity plate kind of person, but i decided to make an exception for this particular car. btw, i need another 02 like a hole in the head, sigh. but, until it gets its own motor/transmission/interior, TADPOL will have to just hibernate...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

I really like Brad in C-ville's plate... WANK3R :-p

I also considered:

B4THE3

BMUU02

TWO002

MY002

I decided that i should stick to TMK-001 otherwise I would have to change my username on like 4 forums I used this username on...

toddsig05.jpg

The best "personalized" plate I ever saw was a standard Washington state plate on an Alpina tii (yes, another of the one of three -- not Dubois' -- this one with an A4 system thanks to Max Hoffman). The plate was 002 FST. The owner, Chester, went to Washington DMV and looked through the available non-personalized plates and asked for (and was given) that plate. Pretty cool, I think.

My touring sports FAUX A4. Most people think it is an Audi reference.