• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody in dayton, OH know this car?

ScottNC

There was a big thread on this car a few months ago, it was on eBay then as well. There was a lot of suspicion. People were tracking down the businesses on the signs in the background (same pics then as now) because it seemed the car was in a different location than the seller. I believe someone also posted what appeared to be a satellite image of the car at a specific address. Super sketchy. Maybe someone else will remember more or will know the thread.

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

it isnt flat black - it is dirt - my car is like that right now... there was coolant all over the inside of the engine bay, when they took the hood off, the dirt has all stuck to the engine bay and it looks exactly the same as that right now...

see the leads over the back - rhs - where thy have come away and you see the white underneath - it just needs a good clean up...

Todd

toddsig05.jpg

Something not quite cosher with this one.

Ebay auction Aug '05 car was in Naperville, IL

Ebay auction Nov '05 car was in New Britain, CT

Now it's in Dayton, OH.

Pics are the same as the Nov '05 auction.

Out of curiousity I emailed the Seller and asked if it was the same car and why it's been "on the move". No answer.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

know most of the '02s and their owners in the area. A 76k automatic I would remember.

The signs and the general background doens't look like Dayton--don't recognize any of the company signs in the pictures--even looked 'em up in the phone book--no luck.

If someone can get an address as to where the car is, I'd be willing to go take a look....

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

There is black in the engine bay and also a similar coating on the underbody. It looks like a Zeibart-style undercoating to me. There was a similar treatment on the '66 1800 I used to own. Looks like a pretty decent car... too bad about the scam.

Karl

Listen. Think. Share. Act. Repeat.

Car is pictured outside EMC Automotive, Schoger Dr, Naperville, ILL.

Car was ebayed Aug '05 by the above company and supposedly sold for $5100.

As mentioned before, it was auctioned again in Nov '05 (New Britain, CT) and now Dayton, OH using all the same pics from Naperville.

Now what?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I also find it odd that the strut bolts appear to be painted, and that the factory paint color tag is missing on the passenger side.

JJ

'76 Sahara

Ireland/TEP/Bilstein suspension mods

Currently for sale

-------------------

in the end she will surely know... i wasn't born to follow

(I guess my $250 bid was not a winner--hey, it was an automatic!)

The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 4625497177

Item Title - BMW : 2002

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller.

If the seller asks you to complete this transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not proceed with the transaction. Transactions for items listed on eBay but then completed off of the eBay platform are not covered by buyer protection programs offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud. For more information on Offers to Buy or Sell Outside of eBay, copy and past the following Help Page link into your browser: http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-non-ebay-sale.html.

--> 1968 2002 <--