• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

Looking good BLUNT. Whats the actual purpose of the plastic(?)? I assume its to keep moisture out of the door cards?

Love those small bolt covers you got for your rear bumper.

Whats the ETA? Cant wait!

Btw, how many coils did you cut on your red car in the background? Was it just the 1 or was it 1.5?

Cheers,

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking good BLUNT. Whats the actual purpose of the plastic(?)? I assume its to keep moisture out of the door cards?

Love those small bolt covers you got for your rear bumper.

Whats the ETA? Cant wait!

Btw, how many coils did you cut on your red car in the background? Was it just the 1 or was it 1.5?

Cheers,

Tom

thanks tom, yes the ocella cloth is primarily for moisture but my doors have a nice solid thud to them while closing now also.

i really dont know when it will be rolling as i have limited time to work on it but hopefully a month or so if im lucky.

my 69 in the background i cut 1 coil out of the front and i did them "on the car" hahaha i wouldnt recommend that as its dangerous as hell. but i have ireland stage 3's and sports waiting to go on as soon as my orange car is done. it was just really high in front when i got it. the rears were sagging so cutting the fronts a coil just leveled it out nicely. i knew it would be a while before i could swap out the suspension so i just whacked off a coil for the time being

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Looking great, Blunt!

You should not be leaving those rear bumper bolt covers exposed while working on the car! Send them to me for safekeeping until you are done wrenching.

Where can I buy that Ocella plastic?

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290

Looking great, Blunt!

You should not be leaving those rear bumper bolt covers exposed while working on the car! Send them to me for safekeeping until you are done wrenching.

Where can I buy that Ocella plastic?

i think i have enough to do 2 doors but i may be a tad short. i can get tons of it though. its a bmw part. if you want me to send you some let me know. if i have enough to do 2 more doors ill send it over, otherwise i can order you another meter

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

test fitted my new airbox today and found out i dont need a tii booster for it. so tim skwiot , who was good enough to give me his tii booster gets it back restored. i also found out my brake fluid res needs to be relocated. bummer. i wish i would have known and cut the bracket off before paint. oh well.

cf004.jpg

cf006.jpg

and its clear i wasnt thinking when i designed how my oil cooler and lines would sit. nearly impossible to get the lines angled correctly and tight in this little space. truley frustrating but i think i got it.

cf008.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Kinda wondering Steve why you did not go with a single rib style belt. I imagined that you would have tried that first over the M boys.

Car is looking fantastic, want to add a CF unit to my s14?

i guess i didnt because im not even aware of it. can you educate me on it greg?

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Just one belt vs the three on our car. Like the one on your S52. I have seen a few m20's running this setup now too.

Less slip on the belts and has to be more efficent and less parasitic drag.

The car looks uber thou. What mag is lined up to shot it first? PBMW?

i was just seaching s14.net for info on this after you mentioned it. sounds like there are drawbacks to it as well as advantages. the guy who shot my e30 for roundel is in contact with louise from PBMW and she has emailed me asking for pics. i sent her some and she told me to let her know when the car was done. i dont know if its PBMW material though.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hey Blunt,

What fan is that you're running up front? I like the size of it, and have been looking for en electric similar to that for mine.

Also, whats the price on that door vapor material? I may buy a couple meters from you.

SIG4.jpg

click signature above for my resto blog

Hey Blunt,

What fan is that you're running up front? I like the size of it, and have been looking for en electric similar to that for mine.

Also, whats the price on that door vapor material? I may buy a couple meters from you.

its a spal 14" pusher. it was a close fit but it went in. i forget what that stuff costs but ill check for you. if your email isnt in your profile shoot me an email and ill get you a price

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Steve. I salivate when I look at your car. Send pics of your console.

THX.

AP

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti