• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

i received my header back from jet hot today and they did a nice job. i had 3 vendors i was trying to decide between but jet hots customer service won me over. and it took 10 days to turn around. airborne coatings wouldnt even answer the phone. after 3 tries i said screw em. i was tempted to go with their new copper coating but worried it would be too flashy or the wrong color with the colorado. i sent this to their mississippi plant... you can see where i had to bash it in a little to clear the steering

jethot002.jpg

jethot003.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got the big brakes on the front less the dust caps. these things are really made nicely. overkill for my needs but they look badass thru the panasports. i would have thought the venting would be running the other way but they are marked left and right.

bbk001.jpg

i got the rear trailing arms in also but dont have the disks on the rear yet. this is the first day ive worked on it in 3 weeks. feels good

Hi Blunt,

I've been following your rebuilt with great interest. I am also doing the exact same conversion in my 2002tii which is in Inka Orange. I'm a lot way behind in the rebuilt but is a complete ground up restoration.

I'd like to ask I have the Massive front and rear brakes for my conversion and want to know how which bracket you used to mount the front calipers, and whether it interfers with the steering arm/ball joint assembly. I'd also like to mount in this way but Lee suggested mounting in front of the disc instead.

Best regards

Divyesh

Hi Divyesh.

Previous Tii brackets had a small angle that allowed calipers to be installed at the rear on most cars. I put the emphasis on "most" as some cars had differenet tolerances and calipers would touch the steering arm. I order to find one solution that fits all cars, I elected to make a straight bracket for calipers to be used on the front. Racecars with 1" (25mm) roll center spacers (to get rid of bump steer) can still use the caliper at the back, as the spacer lowers the steering arm by 1".

e24s and e28s and many other BMWs also have the caliper front mounted.

If there is a demand for bump steer spacers, I may take over that new project. Only for 15" wheels.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

hi divyesh, im glad lee jumped in to answer your question. my set up is fine and i have ample clearance this way. please shoot me your email address. i would like to drop you an email about your car

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Hi Lee,

If you have any of the old tii brackets lying around I'd like to try them out just to see if my calipers will fit above the steering arm. You can include them with the e-brake shippment.

As regards steering bump spacer i'm a little confused. Are you talking about a spacer to fit between the steering arm and the control arm mounting to lower the steering arm??? If this is the correct I would be interested but also may have some concerns about the clearance inside the 15" Alpina rim.

I saw the set up for the e-brake and it looks really impressive. Great work again can't wait to get it on the subframe.

Best regards

Divyesh

If there is a demand for bump steer spacers, I may take over that new project. Only for 15" wheels.

do it.

18mm or 25mm? They will most likely be machined from steel. If I remember, Ireland used to have them (at least 5 years ago) and I think they stopped making them.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

a few pics from saturdays progress. super duper is doing all the wiring as ive stated before. this is the only aspect of the project i havent done myself except for bodywork. but i know my weakness's and he is very good and exceptionally neat. all wire is twisted or braided depending on quantity. hes running all new wire for the headlights and super oscars.heres some pics in no paticular order. once i get my tranny figured out im real close to driving.

elect011.jpg

elect012.jpg

elect016.jpg

elect021.jpg

i had to move my resevoir to fit the CF airbox so i made a simple aluminum bracket to bump it forward out of the way

elect009.jpg

and here is my never ending fuel tank project. what a joke this has turned out to be but i think it will be fine now. i used a fuel cell filler and made aluminum threaded flanges that fit inside the tank to beef up the mounting point with a gasket in between. then i vented it to the catch can you see and then it dumps back out the euro vent location.

elect004.jpg

elect013.jpg

just need to recover the new trunk board now.

elect014.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

So if that beast is wearing Panasports... what's on the Colorado?

the colorado is on jackstands getting its brakes bled. the panasports have 195's on them and im going to try and put 205's on my colorado car. so i have about a month to burn up a new set of tires on the 69 and then the panasports go back on the orange car. if i dont curb them first

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Coool. Here I was thinking you were up to something far more sinister! :-P

its crossed my mind todd but i have to stop somewhere.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com