• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple new pics 3/16/07

BLUNT

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cut a check to have my windshield and rear window put in because i was unsure about it. i ended up helping and the back was a bitch but the front is a piece of cake. i could not of done the rear myself though. at least for me its a 2 man job. but he did a really nice job and didnt harm my paint at all. heres a few pics of the process and after he left i got the car on the ground and washed 6 months of dust off it. i forgot how nice the paint is. the car cover is going on it now.

heres bill doing his magic. a really nice guy i met at the body shop back when my shell was there.

glass002.jpg

glass003.jpg

glass006.jpg

god this thing is sitting high. im sure it will settle. it has h&r's and sports

bumpers,interior and motor and ill be driving it. all the hard stuffs done

ground003.jpg

ground005.jpg

ground009.jpg

my dash is perfect and i was really sweating him inside dicking around with the seal. i think i took a year or 2 off my life today but all is well.

ground013.jpg

ground014.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Incredible work Steve. You going to drive out to Palo Alto this year?! That would be RAD. I don't know what your profession is, but if it's not restoring cars or anything with cars, I think you found your next career! If I was wealthy I'd pay you big money to make an 02 look like that for me! Wow. I can't wait to one day see your car in person.

Congrats on gettin her on the ground.

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

Incredible work Steve. You going to drive out to Palo Alto this year?! That would be RAD. I don't know what your profession is, but if it's not restoring cars or anything with cars, I think you found your next career! If I was wealthy I'd pay you big money to make an 02 look like that for me! Wow. I can't wait to one day see your car in person.

Congrats on gettin her on the ground.

Evan Chong

1990 327 Touring Schwarz

70/M20 02 (Body Shop)

Project Thread: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,339365/

Sexational!

Beat me by a mile!!!! DAMN YOU! Hahaha, you must be so happy!

Todd

oh i have a long way to go yet ... it just looks like a car now. i suspect it will be spring before its ready to roll

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I am blown away! I have been ordering all these parts from you and never really sat down and looked through your project blog. That is the most amazing piece of 2002 work I have ever seen. I guess Minnesota must be God's country because you appear to be building his car. Where did you get the piece in the firewall for the AC lines? I was also wondering if you could post a pic showing how you mounted the a/c condenser and oil cooler. Thanks,

Eric

1973 Verona 2002 2.5 L s14

1998 M3

thank you eric. the a/c piece is a street rod piece . i searched online for something suitable but ended up buying it locally from a place called dealer automotive services in hopkins minnesota. i think they have a site but im willing to get you one if you want to go that route. the a/c condenser called for me to remove the horn brackets to get a larger condensor to fit. i took 1"flat aluminum bar stock and fabbed up a bracket and had it powdercoated black to blend in. then lined it with closed cell foam and secured it to the radiator bulkhead. the oil cooler is mounted at about a 30 degree angle to the front as i read somewhere this makes them more effective???? its also the only way it would fit...i dont know but its mounted on rubber and hanging from the flat tray area next to the passenger headlight.

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

• 2 weeks later...