• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SANTA!!!!!!!! ( the BMW 2002 Santa to be Specific)

Dudeland

On 11/19/2023 at 5:22 PM, uai said:

So if anybody knows a radial mounted 4 piston alloy caliper for a 272x22mm disc that isn't colourful anodised ond looks a bit classic - let me know. Piston diameter should be around 40mm

Late model NK strut, e9 disk, superlite. Needs one washer to space it inwards to centre over the disk. 40mm pistons

DSC03842.jpg

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

5 hours ago, uai said:

Will this fit over NK 5x14 wheels?

I'm running 14x7 campags, but I'm sure an NK steel would fit - in fact I'm using the same caliper on tii struts on my Touring with 14x5.5 NK steels.

You have to drill out the mounting hole +1mm. I'm in France and the best price I could find in Europe for Wilwoods was this Finnish company:

https://laukkanenmotorsport.fi/

Edited by NickVyse

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

On 11/20/2023 at 8:51 PM, 0257 said:

I’ll be taking delivery shortly of a Russtii conversion.  He’s using e36 guts in a 2002 case, with an e21 rear cover.  Apparently the guts drop right in, and everything bolts up as before. Looking forward to trying it out.

That sounds too good to be true.  Does it use E21 output shafts?   There has to be some magic with some shims. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

17 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Santa has not been answering the phone or responding to my emails.

That's because he had a mishap on the return trip last year.

Santas Delayed.jpg

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

1 hour ago, Dudeland said:

That sounds too good to be true.  Does it use E21 output shafts?   There has to be some magic with some shims. 

It’s in a 2002 housing, using 2002 half shafts, so a direct bolt-up to 2002 axles.  It does sound too good to be true, but it’s done by faqer Russtii, who has a good rep for turning out good conversions at reasonable prices.  Really looking forward to trying it out.

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

To avoid cold turkey we need these around the house:

WWW.BILLINGTONFARMS.COM

Create an awe-inspiring ambience with our carefully crafted fuel scented candles.

• Like 3

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

I’m thinking of picking up an ultra rare older classic. One of those from-your-boyhood memories. It’s unrestored with factory AC, new brakes, sunroof - and the coveted manual transmission…

Should I?

Come on Santa!

• Like 1

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

9 hours ago, visionaut said:

I’m thinking of picking up an ultra rare older classic. One of those from-your-boyhood memories. It’s unrestored with factory AC, new brakes, sunroof - and the coveted manual transmission…

Should I?

Come on Santa!

I just talked to Santa.  He said he would keep an eye peeled when he delivers presents, but the one you were looking at seems good, but make sure to check with "you-know-who".  He said you were really good this year except for that one time... (he said you would know what I was talking about). 

Regards

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

On 11/22/2023 at 4:14 PM, 0257 said:

It’s in a 2002 housing, using 2002 half shafts, so a direct bolt-up to 2002 axles.  It does sound too good to be true, but it’s done by faqer Russtii, who has a good rep for turning out good conversions at reasonable prices.  Really looking forward to trying it out.

I am not seeing a deal on a wavetrac yet this morning, we will see what the day holds. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002