• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trusted wheel vendors

MarcD

Who do you all like for buying wheels? I didn't see a wheel vendor in the site vendor list and the local tire shop that I like to do business with doesn't mess with wheels. I like the Rotas from some of the Ebay stores but I would rather spend my money to support a small shop. 

Yeah, for our cars these days you're going to probably need to do some research depending on what you like.  It also really depends on how deep down the rabbit hole you are wanting to go.  What wheels do you currently have on your car, and what are you looking to achieve with new ones?  There are no shortage of opinions here to help guide you, but if you'd like some advice, tell us a bit more about what you're looking to get out of the exercise.

Personally, I was looking for a perfect balance of performance and aesthetic, which lead me down a path of rebuilding a set of 15in BBS RS's with a custom staggered offset.  That was over 10yrs ago and I've forgotten the exact specs, but generally you're going to max out with a 7.5in wide wheel on stock fenders - 7in is safer.... and I'd need someone else here to remind me of offsets because I just don't remember...

'73 2002tii Fjord

'02 M3 Convertible Jet Back/ Imola

Easily found, 14", reasonably priced and the correct offset are the "is" wheels from an E30--or E30 steel wheels.  Paint the latter silver, get a set of Euro center caps and the resemblance to Alpina or Borrani wheels is quite good (yeah I know the slots are round on the E30 wheels and lozenge-shaped on Borranis).

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

12 minutes ago, Mike Self said:

Easily found, 14", reasonably priced and the correct offset are the "is" wheels from an E30--or E30 steel wheels.  Paint the latter silver, get a set of Euro center caps and the resemblance to Alpina or Borrani wheels is quite good (yeah I know the slots are round on the E30 wheels and lozenge-shaped on Borranis).

mike

If I didn't have a set of new 205/50r15 RT660's sitting around I would hunt around for a set of 325is wheels. My spare is actually an e30 wheel.

Right now the tires on the car are a 195/50 so hopefully a 15x7 with a 25 offset will fit the 205/50's without too much fuss. 

3 hours ago, MarcD said:

If I didn't have a set of new 205/50r15 RT660's sitting around I would hunt around for a set of 325is wheels. My spare is actually an e30 wheel.

Right now the tires on the car are a 195/50 so hopefully a 15x7 with a 25 offset will fit the 205/50's without too much fuss. 

Don't count on it, may have rubbing issues.

• Like 2

IE has their Alpina style wheels in 15". I thought these were Rotas but they don't say. 

Blunttech has a nice convenient 14" steelie kit. 

y2cehep2j2uxmnpoyw2s.jpg
WWW.BLUNTTECH.COM

New set of 4 OE BMW 14 inch E30 steelies with center caps and lug nuts. Perfect fitment for BMW 2002

As seen above, quite a few of the “full coverage” 2002 Parts suppliers shown in the FAQ Vendors listing also sell a small selection of 02-fitment wheels. Worth checking them out (but I don’t recall Rota being a brand they carry).

Edited by visionaut

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com