• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first 2002

simonjb

Wow--a nice, original squarelight tii...great find and goes to show they're still out there, waiting for us to discover 'em.  Lots of great information on the FAQ, and friendly folks who'll answer your questions with a smile.  

Hope to see you at one of the 02-themed events--some on the east coast, some on the west coast and some in the middle, depending on where you're located.  

Cheers and welcome to the 02 fraternity/sorority...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Welcome to the madness, and the joy of 2002's. Your other cars are ones I admire and have never owned.

Don't count on the miles being correct as some others will probably talk to as well. And in fact it doesn't matter anyways unless your car is a unicorn form the original owner and he/she has documentation to prove the mileage.

Love the color and the fact it's original. Obviously a well cared for car.

• Like 1

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

Beautiful Tii, it looks to be a unmolested well cared for example. Welcome aboard the FAQ ask any questions you want here and someone will have worked thru the same thing. 

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Congrats and welcome! Just joined the club myself and you'll find that the community here is an essential part of the ownership experience. Such a beautiful car! Riviera Blue is the best color and it looks especially great with those 'early' alloys.

Where is its new home? Would love to see it in person someday!

Thanks for the warm welcome all ! very nice, and similar to the 914World forum which is very good also. I am located in Connecticut. The car does seem to be only 53,000 miles according to the paperwork and all the service records. The prior owner had it almost 40 years. But I accept that you never know. Certainly the wear would seem to also suggest low miles. In any case, I love the originality. The one area I need to tackle is the rear seats which have sagged. But I love it, including the square rear lights.

• Like 2