• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private message? How to send?

schuetz1619
Go to solution Solved by zinz,

• Solution

Or hover over the person’s avatar. It will open a small window with that users profile. Within that window there is a message button (picture of an envelope). Click that button and it will start a message to that user. 

Ed Z

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

• 2 weeks later...

How does the sender access that private message after it has been sent? A regular message is preserved in the thread, but it seems that a private message simply disappears, with no record in the system for the sender to return to. This creates an incomplete record of any classified sale in which private messages are used to avoid personal information or negotiations being made public.

If a record of such messages is kept, how does the sender access it on the faq website? Thank you.

At the upper right of the screen, below the Cart, there are a pair of overlapping quote bubbles (circled in red below). If you click that icon, messages to and from you pop up. And if you click an individual message on that list of messages, you can review messages, and even edit your own messages.

Regards,

Steve

22B2899A-E0A4-403A-A6E7-2020E737D806.jpeg

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

56 minutes ago, schuetz1619 said:

Thank you so much. Too many icons for old eyes.

I figure I that I'm able to use about 14% of this Website's capabilities -- an average 12-year-old can use 100%, maybe more! But, yes, for me, PM's are a critical feature!

Regards,

Steve

4 hours ago, Conserv said:

I figure I that I'm able to use about 14% of this Website's capabilities

Hahaha Steve!  

I'm right down there with you.

Still haven't figured out how to put someone's name in the blue oval when referencing a person in a post. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

John

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John76 said:

Still haven't figured out how to put someone's name in the blue oval when referencing a person in a post. 

Took me a couple years, John. Type a space and an @ sign. Then, without leaving a space after the @ sign, start typing the person's username. I list of usernames will pop up. And as you type more letters to the username, the list will get closer to your target. When the exact username is visible, just select it (somehow, I don't remember exactly how). But, at least the way I use this feature, I need to know at least the first few letters of the person's username. (So I often have to go back and check on the username by looking earlier in the thread or, sometimes, I even need to find another thread where the username appeared. 😐)

I might be overstating my abilities when I say 14%...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Best regards,

Steve