• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage Find Cars

peter giang

Price: $11

Description:

So, what do you do when you come across a bunch of cars that was once beautiful and now just rusting away in the sun for 15 plus years. 

I left a note on the car a long time ago and finally got a call from the owner's daughter. I told them, is not really worth much and the cost to even get them out is not even worth it if they was to sell it for high price. 

Does anyone need parts? Make me a offer and ill do my best to get them for whoever needs it

What would you do? 

The bmw touring was once great from what I was told by the manager and been sitting for 15+ years. 

what a shame.

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0889.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0888.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0874.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

IMG_0869.JPG

IMG_0868.JPG

IMG_0867.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0901.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_0898.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

Edited by peter giang
update
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

• 3 months later...

The 2000C has the Euro style lights in addition to the nice wheels. Those lights are $$$$ and the only reason to purchase the the car. 2000C parts are expensive. So, it may be worth purchasing that car and parting it it out. There is no real sense in attempting to save any of those cars. I've never seen rust that bad in Southern California. Were those things sitting somewhere by the coast ? They rusted from the top down.

I know of a couple of places where such cars are just sitting in the elements and overgrown by weeds. They include some classic BMWs from the early 60s. But, the owners are non-responsive to notes I've left etc. The only thing which will part those cars from their owners is really old age or death. That's when the family decides to clean the yard. Usually, they just call a salvage yard to pick-up everything. I don't understand people who leave their cars to rot in the elements. Better to sell and pass them on to someone with the resources to bring them back to life.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alexei said:

The 2000C has the Euro style lights in addition to the nice wheels. Those lights are $$$$ and the only reason to purchase the the car. 2000C parts are expensive. So, it may be worth purchasing that car and parting it it out. There is no real sense in attempting to save any of those cars. I've never seen rust that bad in Southern California. Were those things sitting somewhere by the coast ? They rusted from the top down.

I know of a couple of places where such cars are just sitting in the elements and overgrown by weeds. They include some classic BMWs from the early 60s. But, the owners are non-responsive to notes I've left etc. The only thing which will part those cars from their owners is really old age or death. That's when the family decides to clean the yard. Usually, they just call a salvage yard to pick-up everything. I don't understand people who leave their cars to rot in the elements. Better to sell and pass them on to someone with the resources to bring them back to life.

Yeah is unfortunately that it has been sitting in the elements for such a long time. It is near the ocean by Lax airport. 

Owner had a lot of emotionally attachment to it but is now ready to let them all go. 

The 2000C wheels can use some restoring but unfortunately is missing one which is weird. 

anyways, if anyone need them for parts, let me know. They rather have them gone as a whole car, Or they going to take it up north and sell it to who ever up there. 

I'll let you know, if somebody else doesn't get them. 30 years ago I chopped up several classic 60s era BMWs in my driveway, including a pretty clean 68 2002, with an electric saw. And, they were in much better shape. This would be good for somebody with a lot of space and a shop. Too bad there are only 3 wheels. Those things are difficult to source.