• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cooling market

Karlosism

On 2/4/2022 at 7:24 PM, SydneyTii said:

Given the world over the last couple of years, who knows where prices will end up, up, down,  stagnant??

Just you all wait, when the alien disclosure happens finally, element 115 will be the new global currency. Forget Non fungible Tokens or fossil fuels, it won't matter. To Serve Man-it's a cook book! 

• Haha 2

But what do I know

2 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

Just you all wait, when the alien disclosure happens finally, element 115 will be the new global currency. Forget Non fungible Tokens or fossil fuels, it won't matter. To Serve Man-it's a cook book! 

I think you mean element E10.

:P

• Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

20 hours ago, Mike Self said:

Since we're talking about long distance cruises in our 02s, a couple of us in the Midwest have been fantasizing about driving our '02s on Route 66.  What a trip that would be.  I drove it several years ago from St Louis to Bakersfield--in a much newer BMW--and had a great time.  Lots to see, many original segments of the road still awaiting the adventurous--and the Mother Road's 100th anniversary is coming up in 2026.  Go now and beat the rush!

mike

Once things normalise a bit I am going for a cross USA food (BBQ) roadtrip, starting in New York and ending in Hunting Beach.  I am going to take at least a month, just cruze and chill. 

• Like 4

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

On 2/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, joysterm said:

don't think the stock market has much bearing on the selling price at all.  A lot more at play in this market than the fluctuations of Wall St.....IMHO

Respectively disagree.

A tanking market can lead to all kinds of issues in the economy. Scared people don’t act rationally.  Over priced collectibles like cars generally are @ sign things are getting out of hand.

• Like 1

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

Agree the Market does impact car prices and the Market has been carp so far this year.

I think Market impact, Covid fatigue and lack of confidence in the Country direction all play a part.

Also agree with how many people want a 50k or 75k 2002 ?   Maybe were at that point don't know.

I bought mine to drive and enjoy and plan on keeping forever. 

BAT is mostly entertainment for me.  

• Like 3

If you take a look at folks like Tavarish, and Ed Bolian from Vin Wiki, they dumped their cars.   Inflation is going to be bad to very bad, and interest rates are going up.   

Typically things like vintage cars are poor investments and the first thing to go when things get tight, especially when people are desperate for cash.  I lived through the eighties and remember seeing moving vans outside houses at 10:00 at night.  I don't think it will be that bad, but a market correction is coming.... keep telling yourself... " Buy the dip".

• Like 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

12 hours ago, gwb72tii said:

I bought mine to drive and enjoy and plan on keeping forever. 

BAT is mostly entertainment for me.  

I agree. I have people I know... not "Friends"... but people I know on occasion roll in the modern rare stuff.  I am envious (sorta) of the money they have to spend on their car(s), but it is kind of hollow. 

I often find myself searching for soul over style and the 2002 (among others) check both those boxes for me. I appreciate simplicity and purpose and don't have much (any) time for people, especially car owners, that hope to blow smoke up my chuff.  What is it about the tragically ignorant nice/super/hypercar owner that cuts me to my core? Perhaps there is an answer in looking upon my battle hardened and somewhat mangled hands while I write this. 

• Like 1

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002