• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

header heat shields

Just a thought, I’ve been through a few over the years, and grew tired of them rusting, now I have silicon leads and plug lead socks that are heat proof and cover the wires over the manifold, next will be ceramic coating of the exhaust manifold, I have a Tii and the bolts which go into the manifold are sheared, so an easier route would be a e21 exhaust gasket / heat deflector all in one.

sorry didn’t really answer your question ? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Just a thought, I’ve been through a few over the years, and grew tired of them rusting, now I have silicon leads and plug lead socks that are heat proof and cover the wires over the manifold, next will be ceramic coating of the exhaust manifold, I have a Tii and the bolts which go into the manifold are sheared, so an easier route would be a e21 exhaust gasket / heat deflector all in one.

sorry didn’t really answer your question ? 

interesting ideas, none of the less

• Like 1

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

Yeah, the aluminum one works, too.

I recall one hole might need to be drilled and tapped in the 

manifold, but no promises...

t

just runs the E21 manifold gasket.

• Like 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Regardless of which heat shield you end up using, employ stainless steel bolts (6x1 mm thread) and plenty of anti-seize paste on the threads so you won't snap bolts off in the manifold.

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite