• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Censorship - Cancel Culture

20O2Shaman

8 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

I’m still looking for Pizza…

Here ya go mate, Mango Chutney Pizza. I like pineapple on my pie occasionally so willing to keep an open mind on it.

So as to avoid censure for pronounced  pizza posting, here's enough 02 content to keep jackasses at bay.

https://www.amazon.com/Remy-17023-Premium-Remanufactured-Starter/dp/B000CKAMA6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Remy+17023+Premium+Remanufactured+Starter&qid=1625843540&sr=8-3

I purchased and installed one of these in my 76, works good, in stock.

Is it Bosch?  No

Do I care? Only if it fails too fast

Yes, it really is a thing.

Pizza-Mango-Chutney.jpg

41ca6j81ieL._AC_.jpg

Edited by tech71
Classified
  • Like 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

1 hour ago, AceAndrew said:

We’re better than this.  Let’s get back to our regularly scheduled program.

Well said, Andrew. 

2002 Shaman, we all love 2002s here. It sounds like you are a long time owner like a lot of us here. Most of us here would like to see your car, I know I would. 

Since you can create a thread now, how about a new one introducing yourself and your car ?

My wife’s ‘68 had the same issue you are describing and I fixed it with the newer lightweight starter but that was a long time ago and I can’t remember the details. 

8 hours ago, Fletcher said:

“Cancel Culture” is one of the myriad ways in which the White Ineffectual (not a typo) identifies his/her/they’re/it-self proclaiming any attempt to impact systemic racism as an attack on tradition oblivious the abhorrent lack of reason and moral compass implicit in the defense of hate as a tradition worthy of upholding.  

or more to the point:

“You can’t fix ‘stupid’”

and more more to the point of the present specific situation:

”Don’t feed the Trolls!”

and finally

Abuse of the SysOp is an automatic & permanent punt on most boards.  Period.  Full stop.   

Steve’s willingness to engage and explain renders the totality of shamanic whinging beyond embarrassing and this post cringeworthy to a degree not even a lutefisk-haggis-chutney variant could achieve.  

Aaah, what? 

Intelligent individuals learn from every thing and every one; average people, from their experiences. The stupid already have all the answers.

But what do I know

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

But what do I know

Hi Ace

I respect the re-direct putting the focus back on the 02’ madness... Which I love this site for..

However, ‘the sha” was attempting to be a cyber bully with traits of being a troll...Against, one of the most respected members in this community ..

Thats a no go.....

Theres a thing called “etiquette “

In life I pick the sore i fall on..

This was one of them.. So, yep I absolutely called him on it.....

Such a strongly worded email for a docile situation, could have been handled behind the scene, would have been more appropriate and appreciated..

Reason being in all the years I’ve been here, there have been minimal dust ups (Sorry Esty I love you though)..

In my opinion left unopposed “the sha” would still be spewing from a high horse....

He should follow his own advice.. “Follow the plan “ 02’ shit...

So yep I stuck up for Steve..... period....

Far from a tough guy, macho, keyboard warrior, some call it “principle”........

I’d do it again every time....face to face or otherwise........ 

On a lighter note... To “ the Sha’s” he’s a great writer...

Be safe

ira????

But the Administrator has supreme control.

Oddly, yes, the administrator DOES have supreme control.

I think that's what the word means.

It's his website, too, so he's free to run amok as he pleases.

Carry on, Steve.

t

• Like 4

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Admin should err on the side of the community, not on the side of the anonymous questionable poster. Its not about "free speech" or "censorship", we don't discuss state's rights...we talk about square boxes with four wheels. Go Steve.

Andrew

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

6 hours ago, Oldtimerfahrer said:

Admin should err on the side of the community, not on the side of the anonymous questionable poster. Its not about "free speech" or "censorship", we don't discuss state's rights...we talk about square boxes with four wheels. Go Steve.

Andrew

Get outta my way! I'm suing Facebook, and Twitter, and Mypillow!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

This is the worst post I’ve seen. Not only does the OP bash Steve but then goes on to suck up to some of the long time members praising them for help. Don’t we have enough people trying to divide the country without bringing that here. Andrew was spot on. Good night. 

1 hour ago, 72pdx02 said:

This is the worst post I’ve seen. Not only does the OP bash Steve but then goes on to suck up to some of the long time members praising them for help. Don’t we have enough people trying to divide the country without bringing that here. Andrew was spot on. Good night. 

get over it, it's just momentary excitement...reminds me of the good ole days....

where's larson?

• Haha 1