• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adjustable Control Arms, take 2

mttpekin

On 7/12/2021 at 9:29 PM, Ian said:

If you are coming down to Buffalo, swing by Rochester and I'll have beer and 2002's to talk about!

Ian

I will look you up and we will have a bite and a pint. 

Regards

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

• 4 weeks later...

Good afternoon,

Since last post, the pre purchased quantity of the production run has been fabricated, machined, plated. I pressed in ball joints yesterday. 

I wanted to hold off posting until I had some better more professional photographs (white background etc) but am really happy with how they came out and wanted to share with you what the final product looks like. 

I am working on a site currently and am focusing on kitting & shipping this upcoming week. I will reach out to all of you shortly. 

Holding a 100% finished production set in my hands was kindof surreal. I've been working towards this for a minute now.. When I cleaned the pair up and started taking pictures, I got that fleeting satisfaction rush that comes with the successful completion of doing something hard. This has been the most challenging product I've built to date and definitely had me outside my comfort range. Figuring out how to do things, then finding someone willing to do those things, then finally actually getting those things done takes way longer than I ever imagined so again let me reiterate my gratitude for all of you who paid long ago and have had major patience. Thank you.

Looking forward to getting these out the door, stabilizing/streamlining the mfg cycle, and getting to work on the other ideas..

-MP

IMG_5639.jpgIMG_5636.jpgIMG_5635.jpgIMG_5631.jpgIMG_5643.jpg

• Like 5

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

17 hours ago, mttpekin said:

Holding a 100% finished production set in my hands was kindof surreal. I've been working towards this for a minute now.. When I cleaned the pair up and started taking pictures, I got that fleeting satisfaction rush that comes with the successful completion of doing something hard. This has been the most challenging product I've built to date and definitely had me outside my comfort range. Figuring out how to do things, then finding someone willing to do those things, then finally actually getting those things done takes way longer than I ever imagined so again let me reiterate my gratitude for all of you who paid long ago and have had major patience. Thank you.

Matt,

Amazing!!! This is quite an accomplishment. Very professional looking product and look like real performers.

Congrats on achieving your goal.

Cheers

Moe

SIGSTUFF2.jpg

Proud Member #190 since 2003.

• 5 months later...

Hello to FAQ!

I figure its time for an update.

First, it was nice meeting a lot of people at SoCal Vintage. I was quite impressed by the interest in the things I'm building. I debut the suspension and the next product I'm finalizing.. it's a S2000 trans bolted to m10/m30. I sent a dwg for a custom flywheel to the flywheel mfg, so that should be pretty cool. 

IMG_6178.thumb.jpg.352ff398977940dff376be97448ab9ea.jpg

manning the booth..

More relevantly, I made revisions. Most notably is the end that was a waterjet plate weldment (ball joint housing, radius rod attachment & anti-roll bar attachment). It is no longer made of multiple pieces. It's now CNC'd out of chunk of chromoly & welded into the laser notched tubes. Receiving the first articles that mic'd out was very exciting. Materials sourcing & a shop sitting on billet/drawings for months caused quite a delay. 

IMG_6324.thumb.jpg.a709f62d0311f991bb6ab2af765c2718.jpg

IMG_6326.thumb.jpg.977673e12acb3f25338ce09a6d0945f2.jpg

I had them fabricated and then electroless nickel plated and this is the final result:

IMG_6444.thumb.jpg.216ac1200bdf2c677b4f55d91a74b669.jpg

IMG_6448.thumb.jpg.d63ff5e866a1ab062fd25f110d11adf4.jpg

IMG_6457.thumb.jpg.b3a10497fe242e3f0dfeff02883258ed.jpg

Of note, the anti-roll bar tab is now a threaded boss. This rotates the heim 90deg which should interface w/ rollbar a little nicer as the control arm & rollbar articulate in synchrony. 

Further, the radius rods are smaller in diameter to allow install with no subframe clearancing.

This updated version is everything I set out to design/build with this product. I expect to ship first orders to those on the waitlist the first week of February.

I am updating my site and will begin marketing these soon!

Our community and the continued interest from you all keep my passion fueled to continue developing the best products I can.  

Thank you,

MP

ps. I made a business card that might make itself onto some sweatshirts...

IMG_6146.thumb.jpg.f814edf52cddd8e872003d3742571ee2.jpg

• Like 6

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

@2002iii My understanding of the s2000 stuff is that guys start having issues around 400hp and like 300lb-ft. I am not currently familiar with what m30 guys are making but do understand that it'd probably be a bad idea to put into a heavy torque monster turbo m6 hah!

I think a turbo m10 with 250-300hp might be just the ticket though... pretty much stock s2000 hp and not big torque. I'm not sure if many people will want to go this route but I'm goin with it and figure if I'm already making all the parts, may as well offer it.

Thank you re suspension!

1972 02

www.peeks.ltd

^^parts I make for 02^^

First of all I'm not trying to stop you or put you down. I'm just offering information and some constructive criticism. I applaud you for making your own parts and offering them to the community.

From what I've read about the s2000 transmission it's an Aisin AZ6 which is also used in Mazda, Nissan and Toyota vehicles in different variations. It's mostly used behind 4 cylinder except the Nissan VQ35 V6, but I suspect that's an uprated version due to different transmission codes.

I found multiple threads about 2nd gear being weak in these transmissions especially with extra power.

A stock m30b35 makes 225 lb ft of torque.

The m106 turbo version of the m30b34 makes 280 lb ft of torque 

The 2002 turbo m31 motor makes 181 lb ft of torque.

• Like 1