• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Window Installation Sequence

RMBaiada

I have the doors hung, the door stop in place, the latch/handle installed and wanted to know the easiest sequence for installing the windows?

I have all the pieces, and they are sitting inside the door in close to their proper position, but not sure how to connect everything. Which goes first, and what connects to what first? It seems like I can't tilt the window enough to connect it to the regulator with the vent window in place. Is there an article with pictures that describes the correct, step by step procedure to install the door windows?

1. vent window

2. regulator

3. rear vertical support

4. window glass

Thank you and stay safe.

Michael

303-521-6047

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I did a column on this exact process after having to learn by trial and error in those pre-internet days.  PM me for a copy.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

• 9 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, Mike Self said:

At the risk of sounding repetitive, I did a column on this exact process after having to learn by trial and error in those pre-internet days.  PM me for a copy.

mike

Hello Mike, I'm too new to be able to send you a PM.  I'm trying to fix my regulator and I'd appreciate a copy of the column you wrote on this.  Thank you!

On 2/2/2021 at 8:34 PM, Mike Self said:

mike

I think it would be helpful, Mike, if you would just put all of your columns up in a blog on here, instead of asking people to PM you? Just a suggestion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, golf73 said:

I think it would be helpful, Mike, if you would just put all of your columns up in a blog on here, instead of asking people to PM you? Just a suggestion. 

I suggested this long ago.  Apparently the content is BMW CCA's so Mike offers the articles as he does.

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

On 11/18/2021 at 12:21 PM, John_in_VA said:

I suggested this long ago.  Apparently the content is BMW CCA's so Mike offers the articles as he does.

All the more reason why we should all really appreciate what Mike knows and does to share it - if I had to parcel it out piecemeal I'd probably have lost patience a long time ago. Many thanks Mike! 

• Like 1

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, M3This said:

anyone know where to get the nylon bushings that are needed and detailed in the article???

Part number 52208238999.  Available at Blunttech, Walloth & Nesch, Rogerstii, AutohausAZ, FCPEuro... to name a few. 

• Like 1

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive

18 hours ago, bergie33 said:

Part number 52208238999.  Available at Blunttech, Walloth & Nesch, Rogerstii, AutohausAZ, FCPEuro... to name a few. 

Hi Karl,

is that for these:

IMG_1402.thumb.jpeg.18c6aaf58d3d785ca7fe0631dcc874df.jpeg

or the rubber grommets that go in the door locks? As im looking for those above that go in the glass.