• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice Mecum Tii result

tomphot

Like many others out there understand, auctions, while bringing into the light helps drive interest for our cars, it is a fantasy world where fools and their money go separate ways too often.  Plus it gives the wrong perception on values for non comparable cars. 

Whilst kicking a dead horse further.  I would expect a somewhat stock appearing build like this to be 100% original ( and or come with all the parts to replace custom add-ons) for that kind of money. And that all of the commonly worn out- replaceable parts be done such as the hood rod lock down side seals. Who knows what lurks beneath and what other omissions.  

But what do I know 

• Like 2

But what do I know

40 minutes ago, Schon '02 said:

The car is actually Sahara, not Nevada. The lighting in the Mecum video throws off the color. The OP picture better represents the color.

Really?

2760088 4n.jpg

• Like 2

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

Really?

2760088 4n.jpg

Oh my, VIN 2760088: that’s an early ‘72 tii! I’m guessing it was manufactured in late October, possibly November 1971.

Thanks for posting this, Les!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 1/17/2021 at 1:52 PM, conkitchen said:

... Whilst kicking a dead horse further.  I would expect a somewhat stock appearing build like this to be 100% original ( and or come with all the parts to replace custom add-ons) for that kind of money. And that all of the commonly worn out- replaceable parts be done such as the hood rod lock down side seals. Who knows what lurks beneath and what other omissions....

+1

Just looked at the photos... ?

This is not in the condition — I’m looking under the hood — nor does it display the originality and completeness — one-piece dash, e21 radiator, missing windshield wiper reservoir, missing airbox — I have come to expect from an “over $50K” tii. It has been well sold!

As a current round taillight tii owner, however, I cheer results like this, as they make my own investment in the restoration of my tii look.... much less foolish!

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)