• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No more front license plates in Ohio

From SAN (SEMA Action Network):  Ohio No Longer Requires Front License Plate 
Congratulations, Ohio! A provision of the 2019 Ohio Transportation budget bill (H.B. 62) which allowed for the display of only a single, rear-mounted license plate, goes into effect today, July 1, 2020. The state previously required both a front and rear plate. This new law is expected to save the state between $1.2 and $1.4 million per year.

SAN-opposed legislation (S.B. 179) to return to the two plate requirement in the state failed to pass before the new provision went into effect. However, this bill could still be passed this year. If you have not already done so already, please voice your opposition to the bill with lawmakers on the SAN website. Help spread the word by sharing the link with residents in the state and encourage them to follow suit by contacting the committee right away.

So, fellow Ohioans, you can display whatever you want on the front of your car--or nothing!

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I dream of the day Ontario does the same. Not that a silly little law has made put one on. 

IMG_1786-1.jpg

Edited by Senna27

1975 - 2002 - Sabine - Jade

2010 Toyota Matrix XR

Remember: RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

Thanks, Mike. 

No front plates in a state (Ohio) which requires them -- yet another reason to stop someone at 2 am when he is driving the only car within 2 miles and driving exactly the speed limit.  I wonder how I know this can happen...

Larry

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

No front plates in a state (Ohio) which requires them -- yet another reason to stop someone at 2 am when he is driving the only car within 2 miles and driving exactly the speed limit.  I wonder how I know this can happen...

More likely in Cincinnati than in Dayton because of Wright-Patterson AFB and all the military-owned out-of-state cars, many with no front license plates.  Too much trouble for the local minions of the law to check as they go by...

Interestingly, Ohio's YOM law only requires you to display one plate from your car's year--but carry both historical plates in the car.  Go figure...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

14 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

Thanks, Mike. 

Larry

Being black while driving?

It's retarded that people think skin color makes shit bit of difference, but since it's still going on, personally I've decided to start speaking up anytime someone starts acting retarded and letting them know they're being retarded.  If they don't talk to me anymore, that's one version of the solution.  Not bringing politics to the forum; racism isn't politics.  Shouldn't be anyway.  And if it is, you're retarded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Discovered recently that you only get a rear 'historic' plate in Washington.

NOW I have finally seen the light, and will be gittin' me a bunch o' them things, considering

that most of my crap is 25+ years ancient.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL