• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Valve Adjustment Tool

saaron

Let me check see if I have an extra.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

yeah... but the spring loaded flexible OEM one is the BOMB! (From BMW they're NLA...not sure if Pelican gets them elsewhere) Let me know the Pelican part number and I'll chase it through some of my tool manufacturers. 

• Like 2

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com

On 4/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, Artboakrill said:

You can simply bend up a hunk of brazing rod, or even a coat hanger

I did make two tools out of coat hangar, so I have that going for me.  

On 4/12/2020 at 10:37 PM, wegweiser said:

yeah... but the spring loaded flexible OEM one is the BOMB! (From BMW they're NLA...not sure if Pelican gets them elsewhere) Let me know the Pelican part number and I'll chase it through some of my tool manufacturers. 

Here is the Pelican one.  It looks like the same one as Ireland sells for $6 or something like that.  It is "sir" brand.  Not sure it is worth it, but Paul I need to buy eccentrics from you anyway, so if you can find it, why not.  

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/TOL3013.htm?pn=TOL-3013&utm_source=googleppc&utm_term=TOL3013&utm_campaign=Shopping+Feed&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI593bvITo6AIVif_jBx2_ggLmEAkYESABEgLdGPD_BwE

Thanks, all.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

On 4/14/2020 at 7:59 AM, '76mintgrün'02 said:

The one that Pelican sells has a spring in the center, but the IE one is just a plain bent rod.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:07 AM, shermanmartinez said:

Yes, the Ireland version is a copy of the tool found in the early 6 cylinder cars tool kit (2800, Bavaria, 3.0, 3.0s,2800cs, 3.0cs, 3.0csi,). Those tool kits also included a feeler gage to measure the clearance as well. Those original tools are much sought after

Ours is OEM BMW direct from the dealership

• Like 3

'67 1600 B Sedan Race Car #5

'72 2002 B Sedan Lite Race Car #13

'83 E30 323i Bauer M30B35 Swapped

On 4/12/2020 at 7:25 PM, Artboakrill said:

You can simply bend up a hunk of brazing rod, or even a coat hanger

this.  there is nothing magic about the "special tools".  just use a piece of coat hanger.  setting the valve gap is not that hard a task to get right.

i actually have one of the IE tools...somewhere...i usually remember i have it right after i have finished a valve adjustment job using the bent coat hanger i use to hang calipers from....?

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 1

2xM3