• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1971 BMW 2002

johnpeter

yeah where's the bottle and pump?

pretty damn clean.

fire orange? It's gorgeous BUT.... why not just paint it INCA as in $INCA$

he would do better to keep it stock with OE wheels/caps, steering wheel

and grey trunk panels...black trunk panels make me ill lol..

and for jezus sake get rid of that shiny blue coil

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1

Very very nice IMHO. I can swing with the color, it looks great. This car supports my theory that regardless of how much you buy a '02 for (assuming this went for big $) you'd still need to pony up a fair amount to get it *right*. In my case - replace the blacked out windows / trim, add windshield washer and for me personally replace steering wheel with something closer to BMW spec, and a 5-speed. But all in all, super nice job, though wish we could see more of the underneath, suspension etc.

• Like 1

This shop has produced a number of 02 builds over the years.  Authenticity is not always their goal although windshield washer is a necessity for most.  I agree - why go with fire orange when Inka achieves the same goal and is more accurate.  They did a Laguna Seca Blue car at some point which is a completely unique color.  

They have produced a couple of interesting "M2" builds in recent years.  One of them (see below) was relisted for sale not too long after the seller acquired it.  It has been sitting for a while and the price is finally starting to come down.  Perhaps the buyer did not know what they were getting into - or perhaps the quality of the car did not meet expectations.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-BMW-2002-M2/114008757470?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225086%26meid%3Dc76559dfd3694299bb8ba094328e81c7%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D15%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D322351665605%26itm%3D114008757470%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2380057&_trksid=p2380057.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ac25b4969-46c7-11ea-bb33-74dbd180c416|parentrq%3A0cd7d4261700a9c0a80c50d9ffec5ee4|iid%3A1

https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/200tuesday-1976-2002-m2/

Buyers should verify the quality of the work and the underlying body before committing...

Edited by Eiremon

i'd bet if the seller had called the color inka...when in reality having used an identical twin color, it would be closer to perfect for a few nitpickers....sorry, i retract that, colors are always subjective...if you actually saw a car painted in original factory inka, you'd find something "off" about the color while criticizing it here.

watching his cars sell over the years, it appears to me that he supplies what the general population is looking for...a nice, clean car...no offense but you guys aren't in that group...you have a bias towards anything other than an original car that has been in a capsule for the last 50 years, complete with factory dust & original dry rotted tires

here...the rule is to criticize first then keep looking for flaws

who here that is nitpicking the car has ever owned one of the sellers cars?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, esty said:

i'd bet if the seller had called the color inka...when in reality having used an identical twin color, it would be closer to perfect for a few nitpickers....sorry, i retract that, colors are always subjective...if you actually saw a car painted in original factory inka, you'd find something "off" about the color while criticizing it here.

watching his cars sell over the years, it appears to me that he supplies what the general population is looking for...a nice, clean car...no offense but you guys aren't in that group...you have a bias towards anything other than an original car that has been in a capsule for the last 50 years, complete with factory dust & original dry rotted tires

here...the rule is to criticize first then keep looking for flaws

who here that is nitpicking the car has ever owned one of the sellers cars?

Spot on Esty.. I could not agree more. Beautiful car.

• Like 1

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

We purchased this 1971 BMW 2002 (vin 1679371) in January 2021 and now trying to research its restoration. The car may have changed hands twice during its exterior, interior, and mechanical refurbishment. Did you purchase the car from the original owner? What was your involvement with the restoration? Thank you very much. 

Edited by BMW neophyte
Remove personalization