• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 tii on BAT

NYNick

Interestingly enough after the link to this thread was posted on BAT,  the bidding stopped at $35,000 with no further comments 

The last discussions were going on and on about not having original carpet when it was previously disclosed that the car was not the  original  paint color or interior.

It kills me how BAT comments can get so far off track of reality and have little or no value as a constructive comment   However, this is a very good example of how the knowledge from 2002 FAQ members is as authoritative as it gets  

The car sold for $35,000 BTW

• Like 2

15 hours ago, otisdog said:

The car did not sell...reserve not met.

That's how I read it, too.  It was bid up to $35k but didn't sell.  

I posted it in the RGB group on FB a few days ago, and one of the members back East knew the owner and the car.  So I really had all my resources on it, LOL.

Two things seemed certain to me:

1.  Based on 02Les' pics, and to be fair, the BAT description - the car had a LOT of work done in the last few years.  And it was not original in certain respects.  I'm not being judgemental, just stating the facts.  

2.  It was a nice looking car.  Whether you could get that color combo or not from BMW, it was pretty.  

I basically stopped commenting on BAT, and in fact, don't look at BAT much any more.  It had its charms early on, but has become something that, well, is not my favorite form of entertainment.  The peanut gallery probably throws out more dis-information than correct information, which doesn't seem very valuable.  I almost can't look at the comments on the 02s.  

Scott

• Like 5

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

The only upside to BAT and eBay is exposure...advantage seller.  Bidding on a car sight unseen is fraught with risk, regardless of how well written the listing....especially from a dealer. 

• Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?