• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Strut Options

Seth Horwitz

Hey guys. It’s bewn a bit. My understanding is that the Bilstein HD fronts, or equivalent, are still NLA. Has anyone found them, recently? If not, what’s a suitable alternative? I already have a car where I can feel the paint from the traffic lines, and it rattles my fillings, so I’m looking for something a bit softer than the Sports for my 2002. Thanks for any info. 

Seth

Konis?

Or...find someone with a set of HD's who lusts for a set of Sports and switchy-swappee...

mike

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

On 9/14/2019 at 9:13 AM, no1uno said:

Hello Seth,

After having a set on backorder for almost two years, I ended up ordering a set from a German company on ebay.  It took about two weeks for delivery.  USD was just under $290 shipped.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/192985555070?ViewItem=&item=192985555070

Great info. Are these new old stock? Were they in stock at the seller? Seems odd that a German dealer can get them whereas a U.S. dealer couldn’t. 

Can go with Koni or Boge.  

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

4 hours ago, Seth Horwitz said:

Great info. Are these new old stock? Were they in stock at the seller? Seems odd that a German dealer can get them whereas a U.S. dealer couldn’t. 

Probably NOS.  New and in new packaging with correct part number.  Don't know if there's a mfg date somewhere on insert.  I was happy to get them to go with the rears purchased two years ago.

Were the Sports just too much, and these a bit softer?

Note that the difference between HD and Sport Bilstein shocks is the distance the shock will extend.  HD shocks are for OEM or somewhat shorter springs while Sport shocks go with the short springs for a track suspension.

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga