• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wham-Wham - BMW 1600-2 '67

Lucian
Go to solution Solved by Lucian,

$115,000,000 ha ha   where did you come up with that number.????    .. Jack has my nos  trim from Carl at bimmerdoc, my bumper return from  Brandon, bumperette from AJ with donor car bumper... will buy today Swan neck mirror ouch ($$$  pricey)   and extra red brake light left side "being extra careful"  and done  next pic I hope finished car

trim-a.jpeg

9-trim.JPG

rear lamp.jpg

Edited by Lucian
add paint on pic change rear lamp, add AJ
  • Like 3

'67 BMW 1600-2 Sahara/Brown 133,000 ..'73 BMW R90/6 Blk/White pin/s 155,000

30 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Haha... notice that it says "RENDERING" (strategically placed at the bottom of the photo, behind the index photos). 

141 S Carolwood Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90024

What!

Sale cancelled! ?

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hi Lucian

I’ve been following this thread since day one . Good job .. Your experience, I’m certain will help us all.

You definitely love your car..

You brought the car back from ruins. It looked fixable but it was really “fucked up”. But, you stayed in the fight. 

The story has been fun. Especially when got the car to the running crippled stage. I really enjoyed your  tenacity and resourcefulness. Good for you.

I didn’t follow the insurance company part much. Admittedly I don’t like dealing with them much, even though I’ve been a AAA member for over 25 years.. They just don’t seem to see things our way, at first..?

Also, hats off to your body guy, from what I see the dude did an excellent job.. Tip him cash, for certain...Mainly because he gave your baby new life..A new birth date???.

Lastly, I absolutely love the placement of that third brake light.

Reason being one day I was driving behind an old bug. The dude had a circular LED brake light in the same spot..

WOW did that thing shine, and keep my attention.. The owner may have been rear ended before who knows . But, the light stood out, which is the objective.. I think..

Anyway, at a minimum you have a story to tell a lot of people.

ANOTHER great 02’ story. Gotta love this feces.

Oh and I’m glad you weren’t injured.

Be safe

Ira ?????

BMW_e30,  ok yes you are right, Super Rich Holmby Hills, between Beverly Hills and Bel Air. In 2000 City of LA did away with Home Owner Asso, Holmby Hills before 2000 your land had to be min 1 acre  after 2000 property began being sub divided, it is still top area,  I think Playboy Mansion is in Holmby Hills, South of Sunset    In the last 15 years  houses dbl in size and lots cut in half. The old maps have horse trail easements through out as does Bel Air but the new owners could care less (no one walks in LA incl Horses)   attached is map,pic's   A Lady ($$$$$ Holmby Hills new zip code)   had many folk do preliminaries  on her property and I did one also,  attached... she did not do anything just wanted to get ideas, maybe had 10 people generate ideas, did nothing conclusion was who ever buys property may sub divide, tear down etc so way spend $ on const .. Property is 3 acres, was 6 acres subdivided in 50's  ... back to bimmerworld ... pic attached  Lucian      

Holmby Hills.jpg

Revit 11-16-14.jpg

4-23-19-Rodeo.jpg

Edited by Lucian
spelling
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, updated news, car has been sitting waiting for Jack to finish 3 insurance projects .. all required parts are at Jacks, nos trim, etc ... insurance - the cost to rebuild car back to its before accident condition is $14,591.25, insurance paid $8,328.35  plus once they get  my $1,000.00 deductible from the fellow that hit me insurance, they open what is call subrogation ... the car does not require a salvage title just cont with insurance as is and fix the car... 8-11-20 there is 2nd restitution hearing where I am asking $6,262.90 as loss ... plus 767.55 travel expenses to Dr., mir, ct scan, x ray, nerve damage, etc, my Lawyers are handling med part and on going so not apart of what I am describing,  the Judge if he accepts my restitution I would get judgement. Number of reasons everything took so long, the 1st 3 shops I took car to wanted  $25,000 to $27,000+  to repair,  and in CA the total loss formula is 75% thus salvage title, so Jack made that more in keeping what it was to be and I had to have independent appraisals that car had higher value Farmers had 2 appraisers, and guy that hit me had 1 appraiser, it had to be same car, not 2002 so not many 1600-2 out there and a 90 day window, if they (Ins) go outside these norms the State may think they are washing the title, I found Jack on 2002 FAQ forum he remembers the car he repaired and wants to do good job with mine and join 2002 FAQ  in hopes of doing more repairs, so here we are almost at the end of the road, a few other items but no need to chat about ...  oh one more why the low $ amounts, the fellow that hit me had min State req'd Insurance, so thank you guys for spiritual help and be careful lots of evil out there ... Lucian    

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lucian said:

... the car does not require a salvage title just cont with insurance as is and fix the car...

I am so happy, Lucian, that the car does not need a salvage title! I’m not sure why it makes me so happy, but it does! 

Looking good!

Best regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 1 month later...