Lucian

Wham-Wham - BMW 1600-2 '67

46 posts / 2501 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Driving on Hwy at 4:00 am 8-31-19 going to work party in desert 55 mph right lane, a car (I think Camero 80-90 model? he left)  comes from behind maybe 100 mph and slam ... thought I was going to flip and car behind me said he thought I was going to flip also any way lots of things to think about over labor day weekend ... thought you may like a look ... L

8-31-19 0415 am a.jpg

8-31-19 b.jpg

faq c.JPG

Edited by Lucian
correct spelling, add pic
  • Sad 6

Wow, this is horrible. I’m so glad you’re alright, but the early roundie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good you're OK, but its tough to see your car in that shape. As bad as it looks, it's probably repairable. The roads (especially in and around LA ) are very dangerous. Did the other driver stop after the collision ?

He stopped and when I ask the guy that saw everything for tel number,  he took off, his car making a lot of noise and smoking, we have his lic number .. L

Sad when people think they own the streets. Follow the speed limits and  take advantage of the 5-6 mph grace area. Another other than that just don't even buckle up. Yes I am talking to all my fellow Texas truck drivers. Glad you walked away on this.

(edited)

If the perp took off and you were even slightly banged up physically, be sure and tell the gendarme--hit and skip with injuries ain't trivial, and the cops will go after the perp.  I've never seen a wheel bent like that!  And how did he manage to hit both the rear and front ends of the car?

It's always tickled me that the tail light assembly is apparently the strongest part on the car's rear end.  It came out a whole lot better than the bumper, wheel or most everything else.  At least the unobtanium all red tail light lens is OK...and yes, the car is fixable, especially on the other guy's dime!

Glad you're OK, but do report your injuries to the police--more incentive for them to find the hit-skip SOB.

mike

PS--I did a column on re-glassing those also unobtanium "swan neck" mirrors; when you're ready, drop me a PM

Edited by mike
  • Like 2

Not my worst nightmare but certainly a nightmare. Glad you are ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Mike and Lisa, thank you for support, the CHP took pic of bump on my head, I been thinking about the hit and I think it went down like this … from my view in the car the 1st hit was rear left and that was when my head hit the piller post, probably why my neck does not hurt - so far!,  I could see debris flying by going away from me reflected  in my lights  I think I turn wheel to right to keep from flipping then my rear was fish tailing and I could tell my left back was on rim then I think he came across the front in a diagonal (1st time I see him)  because he went off on the side of Hwy I had my foot off gas and was rolling to stop, I think I put it in gear and moved up a bit to wide section pass a guardrail, I m not sure how many times he hit me. The guy behind me told CHP what he saw, so 8 days get report … will get to see it from his point of view … wow   L 

5 hours ago, Lucian said:

Thanks, bump on head, hit door pillar, swelling going down

Sorry - I was in an accident with my restored 1979 Porsche 928.   I sat on the curb and cried for a minute or two.  It was totaled, So I know how you may feel.

I once received advice that in any accident if you have been injured or not, you should go see a doctor. First and foremost to ensure your okay and secondly because insurance companies tend to pay closer attention when there are doctors and medical bills involved. 

Feel better....

• Like 1

Lucian nooooooooooooo! So sorry! Your car was so beautiful! So the guy took off....people these days. Its why I have a dash cam running in all my cars! I hope its fixable

I can’t believe the camaro could still drive after doing that kind of damage to our beloved. What a monster! Never liked them and now I dislike them more. So sorry this nightmare happened to you but glad you are safe.

Ok, will go see doc,  thank you all for support, 2nd day am and veil of sadness, dreamed of grim reaper in passenger seat laughing enjoying the ride, saying he will be back … L

• Like 1