• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOOR LINER

alprada

• 3 months later...

I tried to center the liner and short on both sides.

The top door fastener hole is actual 37 1/4 inches and the liner is 35 7/8 wide. So approx.1 3/8 short.

The height looks correct.  

Door handle holes are centered but you can see where its already short at the window crank.

IMG_4245.thumb.jpg.0d02ec56e9464b3267751dce058390dc.jpgIMG_4246.thumb.jpg.64c65d37c39544170c9766ce9ea2c990.jpg

On 5/30/2022 at 10:12 AM, jp5Touring said:

I tried to center the liner and short on both sides.

The top door fastener hole is actual 37 1/4 inches and the liner is 35 7/8 wide. So approx.1 3/8 short.

Can you clarify what is the "top door fastener hole"?  I'm just trying to figure out where you measured 37-1/4" and 35-7/8"?  I've got some reproduction liners in a tube still and would like to measure them to know if I should even attempt an install since what I'm running now might be better than something that's too short by that much.  Alternatively, if you could measure the entire edge-to-edge length of your liner along the bottom through the center of those evenly spaced holes and give me that number, that would do the trick for me and would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks Karl! I was actually trying to figure it out without taking off my door panels.  So if you could give me that center point to center point measurement between the two outer "upper most" mounting holes on your '74 tii (I have the same), I would greatly appreciate it!  I can see from the pictures provided by @jp5Touring that where those holes are corresponds to the widest spot of the liners.

-Gary

4 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

I have zero photoshop skills, I guess I need to buy some software for my MacBook.

35 7/8 is the Liner. The door is 37 3/8.  This is off the top door fastener hole.

Thanks for the verification with pics!

• Like 1