• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DCOE dual 40 linkage help needed

nbristow01

I don't have any direct knowledge of the Dellortos.  Is the throttle shaft 7mm and orientated the same way as the Webers in the closed position?  Can you send a pick of the throttle shaft shot from the end?

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

33 minutes ago, halboyles said:

This is a slightly premature announcement but this thread has prompted me to make it now.

I am in the final stages of producing a complete linkage kit to be used with the Weber DCOEs on the M10.  The design is based on the 2002ti style linkage with a central lever rod running from the firewall bracket to a bridge bracket between the carbs.  To complete the kit, I designed a throttle shaft lever specifically for the DCOEs to be used with this ti-style linkage.  The kit will include every linkage piece between the accelerator pedal lever to the carburetors' throttle shafts.  It is also designed to utilize the original springs and clips and the adjustable head on the pedal to firewall bracket rod.

So, it should truly be a “bolt on” solution.  There are no other parts required and no modifications needed other than any fine tuning of the adjustable rods.

We hope to have these available by the end of this month.  Price should be around $200 for the complete kit.

Here are some pics of the prototype on our ’72.  We recently drove this car to Mid-Am ’02 Fest using this kit on OEM manifolds and 40 DCOEs.  We are also developing a similar kit for the “narrow” manifolds produced by IE/Korman/…

20190430_113528.jpg

20190430_113540.jpg

How sensitive is that linkage? I was going to use a cable because all rod linkage to touchy for the street, Just looking for good driveability, I will be using 2 Italian 45dcoe webers

17 minutes ago, rcf925 said:

How sensitive is that linkage?

The rate at which the throttle opens can be adjusted using the adjustable linkage rod attached to the carb's throttle lever.  But sensitivity is rather subjective so I don't know how to compare it to cable linkage.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

I have had the stock ti linkage for many years and it feels the same as the linkage for a stock 2bbl solex, I would imagine this would be the same. My only comment on Halboyles product is the nut holding the ball end to the bridge changed to a nyloc type nut.

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

1 hour ago, Son of Marty said:

My only comment on Halboyles product is the nut holding the ball end to the bridge changed to a nyloc type nut.

I'm guessing a Stover nut.  Period correct... of course.

https://www.bmw2002faq.com/forums/topic/242207-control-arm-bolt-washer-type/?do=findComment&comment=1339389

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Son of Marty said:

the nut holding the ball end to the bridge changed to a nyloc type nut.

We drilled and tapped the linkage parts with ball ends so that the ball ends can be screwed into them.  This makes for easier replacement than using a punched-in ball.  The nut itself actually acts as a lock nut since it is holding a screwed in fixture.  A little Loctite wouldn't hurt I guess.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

3 minutes ago, halboyles said:

We drilled and tapped the linkage parts with ball ends so that the ball ends can be screwed into them.  This makes for easier replacement than using a punched-in ball.  The nut itself actually acts as a lock nut since it is holding a screwed in fixture.  A little Loctite wouldn't hurt I guess.

OK your golden, good job. Really looks like the factory stuff.

Edited by Son of Marty
  • Thanks 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Thank you SOM for your input.  And you have a very sharp eye as that central lever rod in the pic is actually an OEM part.  I ran out of MAPP gas just before we had to leave for Eureka Springs and couldn't finish our version.  The only difference in ours and the original is that we screw and hard solder the lever arms and the ball socket into the long rod just in case someone wants to adjust those arms for a specific race application.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

• 3 years later...