• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber for Educational Purposes

2002#3

My next 2002 will have a carburetor or two.  So, I need to learn (hands-on) carbs (operations, levers, pivots, jets, venturies, floats, etc.).  I need a used/dead Weber to disassemble, learn, reassemble, rinse, and repeat.  Going to Pull and Pay tomorrow to play in their sandbox:  scavenge a Weber and maybe some E21 parts.  What's the most likely POS junker to have a 32/36, 32/38, or 40/40?  For educational purposes does it matter (a) which Weber or (b) if it's from a Ford, Chevy, Alpha, Fiat, or whatever?

While I am at it, anyone in Ohio and surrounding states have an old/dead M10 I can use for the aforementioned educational purpose?

Thanks

Larry 

If there are still vintage Pintos remaining in your local yards, at least some of 'em used a 32/36 Holley-Weber, which is nearly identical to the Italian or Spanish variety.  Close enough, in fact that I used to buy Weber jets--when fiddling with my Italian Weber--from our local Ford emporium.  The much less common Mercury Bobcat (a Pinto clone) would have 'em too.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

6 hours ago, 2002#2 said:

My next 2002 will have a carburetor or two.  So, I need to learn (hands-on) carbs (operations, levers, pivots, jets, venturies, floats, etc.).  I need a used/dead Weber to disassemble, learn, reassemble, rinse, and repeat.  Going to Pull and Pay tomorrow to play in their sandbox:  scavenge a Weber and maybe some E21 parts.  What's the most likely POS junker to have a 32/36, 32/38, or 40/40?  For educational purposes does it matter (a) which Weber or (b) if it's from a Ford, Chevy, Alpha, Fiat, or whatever?

While I am at it, anyone in Ohio and surrounding states have an old/dead M10 I can use for the aforementioned educational purpose?

Thanks

Larry 

Larry,

I recently purchased and put on a new Weber 32/36. I don't think I tossed the old one yet. If you cant find one at Pull & Pay, you're more than welcome to have it. PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Walter

(1973 Fjord Blue 037) Vin 2588314- Build date February 6th, 1973- delivered to Hoffman Motors NYC February 8th.

Alfa.

I have found them on everything from Volvos to 240z's to Toyota pickups.

Anything with a carb, really.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL