• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bimmer_b
Go to solution Solved by Tommy,

Well at least you haven't been riding around for a year on shortened rear springs because you couldn't be bothered to pull the struts and swap in the fronts... yet!

(I'll get to it next year!)

😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Put the strut in the other side and also decided to pull the headers out while I was working on it since the paint was flaking off and I’ve been wanting to clean it off and recoat them.  Bead blasted headers last night and will be ceramic coating them.  

2F726E06-C8B9-4FE8-85F1-5D63C910E0CE.jpeg

35FA6B86-89D6-4DFC-8B99-4B44FE3FCB6F.jpeg

• Like 1

Ana B. 

Check out my 2002tii restoration :D 

More random BMW/2002Tii Posts ? https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_b/

1 hour ago, Lorin said:

Yes !

Installed pointing down (to keep away from road junk and to allow the sensor to avoid accumulated moisture on cool-down), and with a deep enough bung to keep the sensor right on the edge of the gas flow (to extend sensor life).  To keep the sensor from bonking the tunnel or the tranny, best to install the header and mark the spot.  Don’t just eyeball it and expect it to be right (or you’ll end up like me, doing it twice)!

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

18 hours ago, jgerock said:

Sent you an actual email..   

Now is the time to add an 02 sensor bung for WB gauge.

Ah ok, Thanks! I will check my email. I forgot about the o2 sensor addition I just ordered the bung now.  I had already sent the headers to Jet Hot to get ceramic coated though. so I'll add it when I get it back from coating. 

Edited by bimmer_b

Ana B. 

28 minutes ago, bimmer_b said:

Do you have any links to the correct one to use? 

It's standard and all are alike, whether narrow band (not used much anymore) or wideband.

• Like 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

The W-B wideband kit that a lot of faqfolk were buying a couple of years back is pretty good, and the little digital readout can be mounted in the fasten seat belt pod, with a bit of clever plastic work5A8C5A29-790F-4048-8CA4-B192ADD513FE.thumb.jpeg.c3f5fbd3f8298b55fc58ae16a77c7336.jpeg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

I got an Innovate AFR, great piece of kit, mounting is key for longevity, much easier to tune my Tii now, that said once you get your head around the Kuglefischer setup it’s not that bad, but it’s always good to have another data point.

Any pics of the car lowered, love the look of your car on the e30 steelies!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

I got an Innovate AFR, great piece of kit, mounting is key for longevity, much easier to tune my Tii now, that said once you get your head around the Kuglefischer setup it’s not that bad, but it’s always good to have another data point.

Any pics of the car lowered, love the look of your car on the e30 steelies!

Once I get the manifold back I will take some pics. I have the suspension all on now, but couldn't test drive it since it was raining then took the header off. So I haven't even seen how it all looks myself yet haha. 

• Like 1

Ana B. 

• 4 weeks later...

After re-covering and installing the console my dad made, I came to the conclusion that even though it is very cool and i liked the design it is actually very bulky and doesn't quite fit as nicely as I would like. I know it was basically a prototype so I'm sure if he had more time to modify it, it would be better but I have decided to not use it and ordered the kooglewerks  long console. So my Dad's will just stay a nice sentimental project prototype for now. And since ordering the Kooglewerks console I have also found that the radio I was planning on using that I had thought was an E10 radio is in fact a E21 radio so it doesn't fit in the OEM cutout in the KW center. Which then lead me on a very drawn out search for a period correct E10 radio. After looking around at some different options I had a lengthy back and forth about options with Marc at Classentials and have just purchased a Blaupunkt Frankfurt with bluetooth module and he also included a fader since I plan on using the KW two speaker under dash pods.  

RADIO.jpg

• Like 3

Ana B.