• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwood Revival

02Anders

Hey guys and gals,

I was fortunate enough to spend last weekend at the epic Goodwood Revival.
Was thrilled to see two Neue Klasse's taking part in the St. Mary's Trophy which runs with first heat on the Saturday and second heat on the Sunday.
There's a full report on our site, ViaRETRO.

WARNING TO ALL!!: The report is by no means BMW-only.  There is heaps of other marques present as well.  But now that you've been warned, if you're still keen to see more, here's a link:

http://www.viaretro.com/2018/09/twenty-years-of-the-nostalgic-goodwood-revival/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

FANTASTIC write up, Anders.  Goodwood has been on my bucket list for some years now.  Your enthusiasm has me wanting to book tickets and search out a proper tweed outfit :)

Well done, and tremendous pictures. (perhaps you need an assistant for next year's event?)

Ed

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Great writeup--takes me back to the days when those cars were new and I was reading about 'em in Road and Track magazine, and hoping to see some in person.  And I did--at Sebring in 1965 when I was on the timing staff for that race.  Great nostalgia!

mike

• Like 2

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I have to go back to England & do the revival next year , it's a must see event , I've had friends go for years . I even have a tweed jacket & cap !!!

I went to Chateau Impney last year for the hill climb, that was amazing too with the Lancaster bomber flyover !! Thanks for the write up link , brilliant photos, capturing the event.

Cheers

• Like 1

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Revival report...  ?
Who knows, it might even motivate some of you to attend next year.

7 hours ago, zinz said:

FANTASTIC write up, Anders.  Goodwood has been on my bucket list for some years now.  Your enthusiasm has me wanting to book tickets and search out a proper tweed outfit :)

Well done, and tremendous pictures. (perhaps you need an assistant for next year's event?)

Ed

Ed, I could always use a good assistant! ?  As I wrote in the report, it's physically impossible to see everything at the Revival, so there are things I missed out on for the report.  Yes, I could use a hand...

Edited by 02Anders
  • Like 1

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Indeed, " words cannot suffice," thank you Anders! You are a fantastic wordsmith, you're write up and the detail in combination with the pictures has captured so much of the tire smoking, over steering celebratory Drive the wheels off of it spirit of Goodwood. Rivulets of drool ran out of my smiling face when my jaw was not agape.

I have always admired you're pur sang celebration of your BMWs and living a sports car obsessed life DSCN2744.thumb.JPG.b96bd3452075be07ecefa41d038461d1.JPGin Europe. Thank you for a fantastic article, clearly inspiring....

Sincerely, and very best regards, Peter

• Like 1

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

- and now there's more Gentlemen.  :)
We've just published an article on the Classic Car Park at the Revival - so basically where anyone arriving in a classic car gets to park up.  While there's obviously no track action out there in a field, I can assure you that there are some astonishingly sweet rides!
For BMW's, spot the Golf yellow, RRL 2002tii driven from Germany, the Sahara beige 2000 NK equally driven from Germany, the Chamonix 2000CS from France, the Baikal 3.0Si driven from the Netherlands and not least the Inka 3.0CSi on British plates which happens to be one of the feature cars in the latest Classic & Sportscar magazine.  Heh... and that's just the BMW's...

http://www.viaretro.com/2018/09/its-all-about-how-you-arrive-the-revival-car-show/

Edited by 02Anders

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

I could spend all day in the car park, what a brilliant group if cars , I like the bubble arched MGBGT . So many cool and rare cars , the Renault Alpine A110 is an awesome machine . Once again , thanks for posting .

1970 4 speed 2002 (Daily driver/track car ) 
1974  Hybrid powered twin cam engine, Pig Cheeks , ( now a round tail.) Getting ready to Sell 

9 hours ago, LimeySteve said:

I could spend all day in the car park, what a brilliant group if cars , I like the bubble arched MGBGT . So many cool and rare cars , the Renault Alpine A110 is an awesome machine . Once again , thanks for posting .

It's even better than that!  The MGB GT which you so like, is in fact a MGC GT.  So you get a torquey straight-6 which sounds absolutely brilliant...

• Like 1

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.