• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DerEuroFührer

8 hours ago, DerEuroFührer said:

As to "working on my salary negotiation skills", with all due respect, you can blow that out your ass.

I attempted NUMEROUS times to negotiate with Ben, but when you have a child to raise and are dependent on an income to survive, you don't have much leeway.

I'm sure Ben paying you whatever you asked, has nothing to due to desperation of his 2 best mechanics leaving though, right?

Who isn't dependent on an income to survive, though?

now i know my problem

9 hours ago, BuzzBomb said:

Spoken like  true butt-hurt child that can't defend herself from a true statement. When does the quantity of posts on this particular forum dictate qualifications? Are you saying that I'm not qualified to answer to accusations of fraud supposedly committed by someone I work for? You're an idiot. I've been in the community for as long as you've probably been alive. If something was that blatant, it would have been exposed by now, and the word would have spread like wildfire. Just STFU and stay on the sidewalk.

finally i know what my problem is....i'm a butt-hurt child, an idiot....i always thought it was because skippy, my poodle died when i was 7 and i just never got over it

how long did you say you've worked for AD?

i'll stfu, take my big chalk crayons and get back on the sidewalk now

• Like 3

So far you've contributed nothing to this except being a troll. Please move on as well.

Been stayin' out this for a bit... but dude. You've got 30 post on this forum... and all I've seen is trash talk. 

You first popped onto my radar to jump into a "is this Ireland engineering motor blah blah blah worth it" post to talk shit on another long-term member and turned a completely civil thread into one where your employer (Jeff) had to step in and comment/pretty much apologize.

Who's the troll? 

One thing I really like about this forum/community is the level of respect and civility that is typically maintained. A level of rib-poking, sarcasm, or good old fashioned humor is fine... 

I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but you come across to me as just another ass behind a monitor.

Spoken like  true butt-hurt child that can't defend herself from a true statement. When does the quantity of posts on this particular forum dictate qualifications? Are you saying that I'm not qualified to answer to accusations of fraud supposedly committed by someone I work for? You're an idiot. I've been in the community for as long as you've probably been alive. If something was that blatant, it would have been exposed by now, and the word would have spread like wildfire. Just STFU and stay on the sidewalk.

• Like 5

Am I the only one reading along here who is starting to wonder what the WHOLE story is?

t

"Who gets this pizza?"

On 7/19/2018 at 5:38 PM, BuzzBomb said:

Also, to address the accusations of fraud pertaining to Alpina, I’m intimately aware what a real Alpina delivered car came with and what should or shouldn’t be there. I’m finishing an engine for a B10 right now. Everything Alpina is authentic Alpina. If Ben ever asked or expected me to misrepresent something as authentic when I knew it was committing fraud, it would be the end of my tenure there. Maybe the Führer should have taken that route instead of broadcasting accusations over the interwebs with nothing to back it up.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:54 PM, BuzzBomb said:

I just gave your engine it's final valve adjustment before it gets boxed on the pallet. As you can see, It's chock full of goodness. Jorge took a short video of it running on the stand. Purrs. I wish you many happy trails.

*To answer your question, yes I would use an engine that was built at Ireland Engineering. ?

IMG_1395.JPG

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

As entertaining as this is, it is sad for anyone to lose employment and for people to be treated poorly.

It is even more sad to watch two people fight to the point where they both look bad and continuing only makes them look worse. 

You both seem happy with your new jobs. Why don’t you leave it with that so you don’t embarrass your new employers??

just a thought from a non qualified poster :)

Edited by evil02
Spellcheck

72'  2002 turbo build - under construction...

Just to be very clear, I work for multiple shop owners and have nothing to hide, no skeletons in the closet. I keep being called back because they trust my work. I can post pictures of anything that someone feels the need to verify, since I keep a pretty vast portfolio. I'm not here to fight, believe it or not. Some of you may not like the way I deliver a message, and I own that, true me. I can come across a bit abrasive or hard when I'm being accused of wrongdoing or feel attacked. Consider a message in it's context, not the way I say it, and the content makes more sense, hopefully. If anyone here feels personally attacked by me, re-read your post that prompted it, and try to understand by I would feel the need to say what I said.

Believe me, I'd much prefer to all get along. You won't see me stirring any turds in a thread that I don't have a personal stake in. Standing up for oneself and not putting up with bad behavior or fake news is your duty, not an option.

3 minutes ago, BuzzBomb said:

Just to be very clear, I work for multiple shop owners and have nothing to hide, no skeletons in the closet. I keep being called back because they trust my work. I can post pictures of anything that someone feels the need to verify, since I keep a pretty vast portfolio. I'm not here to fight, believe it or not. Some of you may not like the way I deliver a message, and I own that, true me. I can come across a bit abrasive or hard when I'm being accused of wrongdoing or feel attacked. Consider a message in it's context, not the way I say it, and the content makes more sense, hopefully. If anyone here feels personally attacked by me, re-read your post that prompted it, and try to understand by I would feel the need to say what I said.

Believe me, I'd much prefer to all get along. You won't see me stirring any turds in a thread that I don't have a personal stake in. Standing up for oneself and not putting up with bad behavior or fake news is your duty, not an option.

No offense but, you are kind of acting as if everyone knows you and maybe you are in your world but, to an outsider, I don’t know you and this type of thread doesn’t make me want to.

Sometimes things are heard more clearly when not speaking. Make sense?  If you are as good as you claim, your work would speak volumes.

• Like 1

@BuzzBomb Here's a thought.

Instead of relying on people to read into your inner, deep complexities, or un-presented contexts... *cough*bullshit*. Why not try just being a decent human being? I, nor anyone else is here to psychoanalyze your responses and posts in regards to unseen context or 'portfolio'. First impressions are everything, and you've left me and i'm sure others, flat sour.

There's civil and concise ways to approach differences in opinion with tact and composure, and your brief tenure here shows you blatantly lack it. But we all have our faults and opportunities to improve. It sounds like you've got a level of knowledge to share from your experiences, but respect is earned not demanded. Hit that reset button, cool your heels, maybe think to apologize to a few people, and  think of how you could best contribute to this great ongoing conversation about a cultural automotive icon we all love and cherish. 

Just my '02 cents. 

Edited by 2002Scoob
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, evil02 said:

No offense but, you are kind of acting as if everyone knows you and maybe you are in your world but, to an outsider, I don’t know you and this type of thread doesn’t make me want to.

Sometimes things are heard more clearly when not speaking. Make sense?  If you are as good as you claim, your work would speak volumes.

I won't explain myself any more than my last post. If you still have a problem with me, block me. Problem solved! Yay!

18 minutes ago, BuzzBomb said:

I won't explain myself any more than my last post. If you still have a problem with me, block me. Problem solved! Yay!

You’re missing the point and clearly not capable of taking advice.  Good luck and keep being the incredible engine builder you claim to be.