• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kooglewerks “Slim” dam & Massive S14 oil pan

COOP

A great day for my ‘02. Thanks to Forrest Koogle who installed his new, “slim” raw aluminum air dam on my car at A1 Imports. Beautiful workmanship and flawless customer service from a genuine dude. Thanks to Lee (Massive) for conceiving this awesome oil pan which only took me a year + to install. And thanks to JP at A1 for installing the pan, as well as the LED taillight conversion sourced from Blunt. Progress!

653BEDB3-3F5F-4B90-ABE5-129E04FE6AEC.png

FE4D3597-E6B7-4C06-BF1C-6AE772746DF6.png

D42A3BF8-6941-4816-9549-86285A8E5487.jpeg

44E7CB9D-618F-46F2-AD5E-D74A20A18956.jpeg

32DAAD64-2CB4-41FA-8442-22809FD9FC02.jpeg

Edited by COOP
  • Like 6

Although it's above the bar, pan drains are not usually on the bottom.  If they get knocked off, you bought the farm.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

41 minutes ago, jimk said:

Although it's above the bar, pan drains are not usually on the bottom.  If they get knocked off, you bought the farm.

Well, it looks pretty well-protected by both the sway bar and the subframe. I hear ya though. I’m sure that Lee considered this issue.

I think I have an idea as to what Forrest would say!

http://www.kooglewerks.com/products/bmw-2002-aluminum-skid-plate

COOP

• Like 1

I can't comment on the oil pan, I know nothing about M3's really, given the car is lower, has a very attractive spoiler, by the time something gets to the pan - you are probably in bad shape anyway.  Bad things happen to your car (regardless of what it is) when things get under there (like the dude i say in a 'newish' bmw 3 series that ran over a fiberglass ladder the other day).  Spoiler looks really good on this car (and others as well).  Feeling like I need to re-contact Forest to help with my Alpina Gr. 2 fuel tank project...right up his alley I think.  Looks really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny marcmac, I was actually talking to Forrest recently about my recurring fantasies relating to custom fuel cells. I don’t track my car, so in my case this would be little more than an exercise in aesthetic wankery...but I still think it would be really cool, and I’d love more fuel capacity too. There’s nothing sexy “off the rack” that I’ve seen, as everything that you can buy ready-made just looks like an ugly box.

COOP

• Like 1

Coop--be very careful of parking blocks; a lowered car and an even lower spoiler is asking for trouble.  I speak from experience--the first day I had my E30 318is (also lowered)--and the first time i drove it--I knocked the spoiler off on a parking block.  Lesson learned!

mike

• Thanks 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Not to hijack your thread, but most of the stuff out there whether it is made by ATL or Fuel Safe is...well it is what it is.  For a lot of cars it works, for my car not so much (that is a square can/cell).  This is a real deal AlpinA CSL 100L (+) tank with twin fillers, pretty much the same they used in my car, it was a tank then, not a cell.  For me it is replicating  the can in aluminum with the twin fillers (I have one of the rellumit dry breaks) the other would be a monza cap, then build a cell to fit inside it.  Perfect project for Forrest with his superior aluminum fab skills.  I tried to buy this one but it came out of a pretty famous CSL and couldn't separate it from the owner + I would have either had to cut it up or my car (neither a good option).  Cheers.

Alpina tank 001.JPG

Alpina tank 002.JPG

Alpina tank 003.JPG

• Like 2