• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is a sneak peek of The ICON exhibit: 50 years of the 2002

This was posted by The Werk Shop so I thought I would share

https://t.co/Owd63bN70K

Some very beautiful cars there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My "fun" cars so far:                                                                                                                                                                                                            My restoration website:

1976 BMW 2002a                                                                                                                                                                                                           http://www.2002and914.com

1975 Porsche 914

Stunning cars. I’m curious if there is an online site/digital experience of this stellar exhibit? I searched and found nothing...

Paul Huber

1972 2002 Baur Targa in Baikal & 1971 2002 Pickup in Silver/Surf

"The more you know, the less you need."

—Aboriginal Saying

4 hours ago, Jam3422 said:

I bought the book a couple of weeks ago.  It's very well done and a really good read.  It's a beautiful and diverse collection of cars, but I wonder why no 2002ti was included. 

Where did you purchase? Appreciated...

Paul Huber

—Aboriginal Saying

23 hours ago, Jam3422 said:

I bought the book a couple of weeks ago.  It's very well done and a really good read.  It's a beautiful and diverse collection of cars, but I wonder why no 2002ti was included. 

I wondered the same thing regarding a 2002ti.  We know there's at least one museum worthy example in the U.S ;)

Bill 

1973 3.0 CS Nachtblau

1970 2002 Chamonix

1965 1800 Chamonix

There will be a second and final book including the cars that will be rotating in the second half of the year.... Tesoro will be one of the cars to complete this book for the 50th anniversary of the 2002s! [emoji4]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

1 hour ago, Jam3422 said:

Plus the cost to get the cars there.  But I appreciate that a lot of folks gave up their cars and paid to get them there.

Agreed. These folks unselfishly dug deep for the benefit of many.

I'm curious about the Baur Targa. It's been referred to as the "Italian Baur." Is it truly an Italian car, or is this a American-owned Targa sporting Italian plates?

Paul Huber

—Aboriginal Saying