• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear muffler..??

NikeHolley

I know y'all are gonna laugh, but Midas installed a rear muffler on my '73 back (I think) about 1986 or so...and it's still doing just fine.  Fit perfectly (no banging), the mounting brackets were correctly placed etc.  Still has a lot of its original paint!  I've replaced the plastic clips and rubber hangers several times due to wear, but the muffler just keeps truckin'.  In the interests of full disclosure, it hasn't had a salt-laden winter, but does get driven in all other kinds of weather.

It'll be fun going back to the Midas shop someday and showing 'em my 30+ year old receipt for their lifetime muffler--unless it outlives me!  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

3 hours ago, mike said:

It'll be fun going back to the Midas shop someday and showing 'em my 30+ year old receipt for their lifetime muffler--unless it outlives me!  

mike

Mike, you sound like the old guy driving a Model A in the Midas commercial from long, long ago...  "Howdy Boys!....(as he drives up to the shop; the employees recognize him & grimace...)  It says 'Annabelle' gets a free muffler!...(as he shows them his guarantee...) ...See you again, boys!"  (as he leaves Midas with a great big smile)

Edited by Jim_75Sahara
  • Haha 1

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

5 hours ago, Jim_75Sahara said:

Mike, you sound like the old guy driving a Model A in the Midas commercial from long, long ago...  "Howdy Boys!....(as he drives up to the shop; the employees recognize him & grimace...)  It says 'Annabelle' gets a free muffler!...(as he shows them his guarantee...) ...See you again, boys!"  (as he leaves Midas with a great big smile)

That's exactly who I was thinking of when I wrote my comment...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

5 hours ago, mike said:

I know y'all are gonna laugh, but Midas installed a rear muffler on my '73 back (I think) about 1986 or so...and it's still doing just fine.  Fit perfectly (no banging), the mounting brackets were correctly placed etc.  Still has a lot of its original paint!  I've replaced the plastic clips and rubber hangers several times due to wear, but the muffler just keeps truckin'.  In the interests of full disclosure, it hasn't had a salt-laden winter, but does get driven in all other kinds of weather.

mike

same here...Midas on ventura blvd, woodland hills, CA, circa 1986