• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Numbers matching '72 tii or M2?

irdave

I wouldn’t mod the Tii, I would find another “02”.

With 1st hand experience, you will not be disappointed with a S14 powered “02”.  

If the motor you’re looking at doesn’t have

the fuel injection system, I have that for sale. I also have adapters to mate the M10 intake manifolds to the S14 head if you decided to run carburetors. 

3 hours ago, Doug Riparetti said:

If the motor you’re looking at doesn’t have

the fuel injection system, I have that for sale. I also have adapters to mate the M10 intake manifolds to the S14 head if you decided to run carburetors. 

Thank you.  I'll be there tomorrow and will take a look at what he's got beyond the long block.  Current thinking would be a stand alone AEM, but I bet carbs on that thing sound sweet.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

One more vote in keeping that maatching numbers Golf  '72 tii stock.  Desirable year, desirable color.  Will appreciate better than a modified one, even one with an S14 aboard.

But then I'm a purist...where it shows

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

So here's where I'm at...  Tomorrow I'll find out some numbers- like how much he needs for the engine to start.  If the number is reasonable, I'm going to take it- and then decide on whether to sell the tii to finance the hot-rod project into another shell or to keep both and just do it slowly over a couple of years. I think the wife will have a hard time appreciating two 2002's...

Dave.

8 hours ago, irdave said:

So here's where I'm at...  Tomorrow I'll find out some numbers- like how much he needs for the engine to start.  If the number is reasonable, I'm going to take it- and then decide on whether to sell the tii to finance the hot-rod project into another shell or to keep both and just do it slowly over a couple of years. I think the wife will have a hard time appreciating two 2002's...

Show us the tii please.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

51 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Show us the tii please.

First one is just after I got it running.  I told it it had to run ok before I'd take care of the oxidization on the paint...

Next two are the other day with the new Rota wheels...

IMG_20170810_172655.jpg

IMG_20180110_155857.jpg

IMG_20180110_155907.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave.

42 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Nice car. Is the back seat missing?

Thanks.

It is.  I tore out and threw away all of the carpet.  New stuff from esty is due here next week.  So right now it's 2 seats, a steering wheel and a dash board. :)  Rear seat deleting as well for the dog.

And I decided to pass on the s14.  When I drive the wagon with the s54, traffic moves so slow I'm always frustrated.  When I drive the '02, traffic actually moves along at a pretty good clip- so I'm much less frustrated, and therefore happier.  So I'm just going to stick with the slow car mentality for a while.  Thank you all for helping me think about it.

Dave.

On 18/01/2018 at 5:29 AM, ray_ said:

What Martyson said.

But...

I wouldn't go any smaller than a 2.5 S14. And they're building them to 2.7 now.

That, and a 4.10 diff will get you acceleration that may be described as frantic.

Of course the 4.10 lowers your top end to 150 or so.

:D

Here's a docile jaunt with a bad ignition curve...

Cheers.,

Photobucket.mp4

So, are you willing to put your fancy s14 next to my m10 for a quick race? :D