• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 BMW 2002tii in Austin for 25k

hollowridge

Price: $24900

Description:

Not my car... Just think its a sweet car and what looks to be a fair asking price. Giving you guys a heads up if you have not seen it yet.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-bmw-2002tii/6385365573.html

19732002tii.jpg

Edited by hollowridge
word error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DUDE.

I would so be on this if I wasn't in the midst of spending mucho dinero on my plain-Jane '73. Nice color, very original, popular upgrades, original nose, as Ray said most likely an original A/C car...

Sigh. My time will come.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

On 11/13/2017 at 7:01 PM, 1936spyder said:

....as Ray said most likely an original A/C car...

Splitting hairs perhaps, but I don’t want to encourage common myths about 2002’s.  No 2002’s were equipped with A/C by the factory, so there were technically no “original A/C cars”.  A/C was strictly a dealer-or-later option.  And that is — no doubt — why Ray’s carefully chosen and dead-accurate words were “Looks like it once had a/c...”, which remains non-commital as to when that A/C might have been installed....

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

35 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Splitting hairs perhaps, but I don’t want to encourage common myths about 2002’s.  No 2002’s were equipped with A/C by the factory, so there were technically no “original A/C cars”.  A/C was strictly a dealer-or-later option.  And that is — no doubt — why Ray’s carefully chosen and dead-accurate words were “Looks like it once had a/c...”, which remains non-comittal as to when that A/C might have been installed....

Regards,

Steve

Steve-

Yes, I'm aware and just got ahead of myself; my '73 Malaga has dealer installed Behr A/C. I guess what I meant was at time of delivery/purchase. But, who knows? Could've been anytime in the ensuing 44 yrs...

• Like 1

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

44 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Splitting hairs perhaps, but I don’t want to encourage common myths about 2002’s.  No 2002’s were equipped with A/C by the factory, so there were technically no “original A/C cars”.  A/C was strictly a dealer-or-later option.  And that is — no doubt — why Ray’s carefully chosen and dead-accurate words were “Looks like it once had a/c...”, which remains non-comittal as to when that A/C might have been installed....

Regards,

Steve

Whatchu mean non-commital?

I most assuredly conveyed that the "when" was in the past!

:P

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Will have to reach out to the owner as I'm not familiar with this 02.  It's certainly never made it to one of our Austin area 2002 Cars and Coffee events.  Ed Z, Barney and Jason aren't familiar with it either.  Perhaps Terry is...  I'll certainly reach out to the seller and see if I can get some info and invite him/her out to our C&C that's scheduled for this coming Saturday.  :)  

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

14 hours ago, M5280RCR said:

FYI, I have sent an email asking for further pictures as well as to make sure the seller is amenable to a PPI.  Assuming so, any shop recommendations in Austin?

Terry Sayther Automotive.

http://www.terrysaytherauto.com

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I called the number listed the other night and left a message inviting the seller to our Austin BMW 2002 Cars and Coffee.  Still haven't heard back... 

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

Thanks for the info on the PPI, shop.  The seller did respond promptly to my request for additional pictures; I am having my local mechanic review them (mostly re: rust), and if he suggests proceeding with a PPI, I will use Terry's shop.  Thanks for the referral.

'73 Riviera Tii

'93 M5 Dinan stroker, etc...

'08 M3 ESS 625 s/c'er, etc..

'64 Stingray

11 hours ago, M5280RCR said:

Thanks for the info on the PPI, shop.  The seller did respond promptly to my request for additional pictures; I am having my local mechanic review them (mostly re: rust), and if he suggests proceeding with a PPI, I will use Terry's shop.  Thanks for the referral.

So is the 02 actually in Austin?