• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Green Devil lives again...

02Anders

Your quick reaction to the SNOP (acronym for "Sorry, No Oil Pressure") light flickering at speed saved your engine.  Happily you weren't in the middle of your hillclimb run, where you could have been distracted by keeping the car on the road.

I'd vote for returning the car back to England--that way you'll have a whole year's fun vs a few days.  And the ferries to Denmark run both ways...

cheers

mike

PS--really like those wheels!

• Like 1

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Nice story, good ending.  I think you should race Munkbjerg first and then bring her back to the UK.  Good luck!

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

Thx for you replies Gents!  Appreciate it...  :)

@Mike, I like your SNOP acronym.  :lol:  Never heard that one before...
The alloys are L.O.W. alloys produced in period in Italy.  Besides not being centre-lock and obviously of smaller dimensions, they look virtually identical to Campagnolo Miura alloys!

As for keeping the Green Devil in Denmark ~ vs ~ bringing it to the UK....
It's a tough call!  Needless to say, I'll get much more milage out of the ol' girl if I keep it in the same country as I live in.  That would no doubt be a huge bonus!  But I just feel quite strongly for the Munkebjerg Hillclimb in Denmark.  Maybe @yeewiz is right - just one last Munkebjerg in Denmark next summer, and then bring her to the UK...??

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

and then maybe you'll have to do Munkebjerg a couple of times to get it out of your system, then bring her home to UK :)

Bob

BMWCCA #4844 (#297 of The 308)

1974 2002 Sahara, MM 2400 Rally engine, MM 5 speed and conversion

1976 2002A Anthracite parts car

1991 525i AlpinweiB II

2002 330ci AlpinweiB III

2007 530xiT Titanium Silver

51 minutes ago, 02Anders said:

.....Maybe @yeewiz is right - just one last Munkebjerg in Denmark next summer, and then bring her to the UK...??

Absolutely loved, this, Anders.  And, yes, one last Munkebjerg and then move it on to the U.K.

And, who knows, maybe back in a year or two for another Munkebjerg, if the U.K. scene doesn't play to the Green Devil's strengths!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thx for your input Gents!  :)

13 hours ago, jgerock said:

Nice article and pics. Love the color and wheels.

Colour is just factory Agave green.  As already mentioned above, the alloys are period aftermarket L.O.W. 5.5 x 13" wheels produced in Italy.  I've actually got a second set which I might consider selling if someone where interested...

As for where my Green Devil will reside in the future, I suppose I can just leave her in Denmark over the winter where I won't be driving her anyway.  That'll give me the cold winter months to sit indoors and contemplate to pro's and con's of having her in one country compared to the other....

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.