• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 hours ago, Eissmann said:

I washed my wheels and dressed up the tires!
64D3E8F9-1537-4A79-8251-BAC875006FEE.thumb.jpeg.a73a6ccb4b26c67b007093128ab99847.jpeg

Those octavos are styled slightly better than whatever series I have. I like yours better. 

Also, what on earth are those tires. I didn't know anybody but Michelin was making throwback rubber in this size. Are they also like 400 dollars each? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stapler123 said:

Those octavos are styled slightly better than whatever series I have. I like yours better. 

Also, what on earth are those tires. I didn't know anybody but Michelin was making throwback rubber in this size. Are they also like 400 dollars each? 

Those are Pirelli Cinturato tires 185/70 R13. They were on the car when I bought it so I have no idea what they cost

• Like 1

Well they look super cool.

Looks like 169 per tire, before shipping/mounting. 

that isn't cheap compared to the all seasons I have that are probably for a 1992 civic, but it's downright reasonable to the Michelins I gave up on... I could put 35" tires on my 4x4 for less than those. 

• Like 1

My driving light mounts came in from 

WWW.PROBIMMER.COM

I was kinda worried because the website was made in frontpage, but he's still delivering. 

So once again xkcd is right 

image.thumb.jpeg.99b46a9aadc8f5a9f0bce9951c848c84.jpeg

also straightened out the grills a bit. they didn't fit in the corners before and had a few bendy slats. Per the forums suggestion I have some black striping tape on it's way. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bd151eda70a09cc9d2e4f60b3b63876a.jpeg

Also got my copper az plate in. There is a lot going on in the back. It's tweaked a little, and the old plate was mounted straight to the metal. With some extra holes here and there. Also one of those lights cap's is held on by drywall screw. All I have to do some more searching to see how that's supposed to be. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, stapler123 said:

Also got my copper az plate in. There is a lot going on in the back. It's tweaked a little, and the old plate was mounted straight to the metal. With some extra holes here and there. Also one of those lights cap's is held on by drywall screw. All I have to do some more searching to see how that's supposed to be. 

The two open holes visible between your rear license plate and the license plate lights are the factory holes for the European license plate holder. For U.S. cars, these two holes were originally plugged with chrome plugs.

Your license plate lights are not the original U.S.-spec license plate lights. Yours appear to be some generic aftermarket replacements, perhaps encouraged by the scarcity of OEM replacement units. I believe some sources may today be supplying good facsimiles of the originals.

But, just as your license plate does today, U.S. round taillight cars had their license plates bolted directly to the rear panel, without the holder found on square taillight cars.

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

13 hours ago, stapler123 said:

Well they look super cool.

Looks like 169 per tire, before shipping/mounting. 

that isn't cheap compared to the all seasons I have that are probably for a 1992 civic, but it's downright reasonable to the Michelins I gave up on... I could put 35" tires on my 4x4 for less than those. 

In case you’d like to hear more about those Pirelli CN-36’s…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Conserv said:

The two open holes visible between your rear license plate and the license plate lights are the factory holes for the European license plate holder. For U.S. cars, these two holes were originally plugged with chrome plugs.

Your license plate lights are not the original U.S.-spec license plate lights. Yours appear to be some generic aftermarket replacements, perhaps encouraged by the scarcity of OEM replacement units. I believe some sources may today be supplying good facsimiles of the originals.

But, just as your license plate does today, U.S. round taillight cars had their license plates bolted directly to the rear panel, without the holder found on square taillight cars.

Regards,

Steve

It also appears to have holes for this frame.  Either way it looks like I'm buying stuff, I can't rehab whole missing bits. The parts hubcap may provide enough clips to stop my knee trim from rattling though. That's not nothing. 

PXL_20220708_180437440.jpg

On 7/8/2022 at 2:08 PM, stapler123 said:

It also appears to have holes for this frame… 

PXL_20220708_180437440.jpg

It’s a fairly common addition/change. Without it, you only bolt the bottom of the tag in place and the top rests on the rear panel moulding, as on my ‘73 (below).

Regards,

Steve

D93F3076-C7FB-41C2-9AEE-0510BCC0C009.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:51 PM, stapler123 said:

My driving light mounts came in from 

WWW.PROBIMMER.COM

I was kinda worried because the website was made in frontpage, but he's still delivering. 

So once again xkcd is right 

image.thumb.jpeg.99b46a9aadc8f5a9f0bce9951c848c84.jpeg

also straightened out the grills a bit. they didn't fit in the corners before and had a few bendy slats. Per the forums suggestion I have some black striping tape on it's way. 

Sometimes the actions that owners take to do things wrong is amazing.

Which reminds me, I need to remove the wire hanger that's supporting my muffler and get two new correct hangers 

• Like 1