• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Tii Front Brake Rotors Back In Stock!!!!

this just rubbed me the wrong way.

I can see why.  Jeff Ireland posts here, personally, which is cool

Andrew, when he was working at IE, posted as both himself and as

an employee, which was also cool. He was very careful to differentiate.

In my interactions with Ireland Engineering, I have found that WHOM you speak

with is important- sometimes critical- in getting good service and correct parts, especially in a short time frame.

To have someone claiming to be IE Motorsports without a name, I find to be off- putting.

I don't mind at all if different people from IE post using that login- I would just like to know who's posting.

Then, when I try to call and order said rotors, I can say, "Sam posted that..." and if need be, speak to Sam.

Just seems more... personal.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

How long have these rotors been unavailable for? I tried to get a set last summer when I replaced my front calipers (obviously with no luck). Has it really been years? I might want to pick up a set just to have on the shelf...

2 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

now to fit them and watch them rust, wish there was a way to stop that??

Centric rotors description:

Premium Disc

Centric Premium black rotors feature Original Equipment specifications and production processes. These Centric rotors are manufactured to meet QS and ISO Quality System Standards.

Centric premium rotors utilize an Electrocoating finish that provides long lasting corrosion protection. E-coating is a superior electro-statically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting. Phosphate finishes utilized by other manufacturers provide only minimal protection from the elements; these finishes are generally only effective for the shipping and storage portion of a rotor’s life. The addition of heat and moisture eliminates the effectiveness of phosphate finishes resulting in immediate corrosion once installed in the vehicle.

Features:

• Double disc ground, taper free finish: Ensures parallelism, eliminates run out and provides near perfect disc thickness variation (DTV), provides quieter and smoother stops.
  • 100% fully machined finishes including rotor hats: Provides better rotor balance and creates a cleaner, more finished looking component.
  • Symmetric Vane Casting: Provides proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency, resulting in superior braking power and safety.
  • Original Equipment Vane Structure: Ensures each Centric Premium rotor will function just like the original part.
  • Mill Balancing: Reduces feedback associated with rotor vibration and provides a smooth confident application of braking force.

CENTRIC Warranty Information
90 days/3,000 miles

Edited by '76mintgrun'02

4 hours ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

Centric rotors description:

Premium Disc

Centric Premium black rotors feature Original Equipment specifications and production processes. These Centric rotors are manufactured to meet QS and ISO Quality System Standards.

Centric premium rotors utilize an Electrocoating finish that provides long lasting corrosion protection. E-coating is a superior electro-statically applied finish designed to withstand 400 hours of salt water exposure without rusting. Phosphate finishes utilized by other manufacturers provide only minimal protection from the elements; these finishes are generally only effective for the shipping and storage portion of a rotor’s life. The addition of heat and moisture eliminates the effectiveness of phosphate finishes resulting in immediate corrosion once installed in the vehicle.

Features:

• Double disc ground, taper free finish: Ensures parallelism, eliminates run out and provides near perfect disc thickness variation (DTV), provides quieter and smoother stops.
  • 100% fully machined finishes including rotor hats: Provides better rotor balance and creates a cleaner, more finished looking component.
  • Symmetric Vane Casting: Provides proper heat transfer and thermal efficiency, resulting in superior braking power and safety.
  • Original Equipment Vane Structure: Ensures each Centric Premium rotor will function just like the original part.
  • Mill Balancing: Reduces feedback associated with rotor vibration and provides a smooth confident application of braking force.

CENTRIC Warranty Information
90 days/3,000 miles

Price of a new kidney?

On 7/11/2017 at 8:31 AM, Ireland Engineering said:

Not saying it is the case here but in some instances for some vendors that information (where the product comes from) is proprietary. That's how we stay in bizz.

Okay, I've been in and around the auto parts business for years and this statement bugs me a little bit.  The BRAND should never be withheld from the customer.  Withholding the supplier is part of business.  In this case...

Rock Auto: 

CENTRIC 12034002 Premium Disc

RAYBESTOS 9938R {#9938, F9938} Professional Grade; 4 Bolts

Ireland Engineering:

Replacement part.  Standard solid brake rotor for Tii.

Yet, the IE part is two and a half times more expensive.  If price is an indication of quality I'd think IE would want to disclose the brand since its implied that its better.  Just sayin'...

17 minutes ago, dang said:

Okay, I've been in and around the auto parts business for years and this statement bugs me a little bit.  The BRAND should never be withheld from the customer.  Withholding the supplier is part of business.  In this case...

Rock Auto: 

CENTRIC 12034002 Premium Disc

RAYBESTOS 9938R {#9938, F9938} Professional Grade; 4 Bolts

Ireland Engineering:

Replacement part.  Standard solid brake rotor for Tii.

Yet, the IE part is two and a half times more expensive.  If price is an indication of quality I'd think IE would want to disclose the brand since its implied that its better.  Just sayin'...

THANK YOU.