• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Tii Front Brake Rotors Back In Stock!!!!

Coop, searching for OEM part 34111152087 turns up as still back-ordered on all dealer sites.  As Toby says RockAuto lists them but both entries are aftermarket.  Still, most of us probably need brakes so what's to loose?

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

Nothing to lose, and I'll likely buy a set for my stock...but OEM or Aftermarket, I personally just like to know what I'm buying for my $86 X 2, just so I can...well, know.

Would it be unreasonable to expect a seller to make this distinction in their listing? 

COOP

9 hours ago, COOP said:

Nothing to lose, and I'll likely buy a set for my stock...but OEM or Aftermarket, I personally just like to know what I'm buying for my $86 X 2, just so I can...well, know.

Would it be unreasonable to expect a seller to make this distinction in their listing? 

COOP

Just by looking at the price alone you should be able to make the distinction:

OEM from BMW Factory = $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Aftermarket = $$

'67 1600 B Sedan Race Car #5

'72 2002 B Sedan Lite Race Car #13

'83 E30 323i Bauer M30B35 Swapped

11 minutes ago, Ireland Engineering said:

Or vendors could just list products as being BMW OEM products or not.  That way buyers con't have to guess.

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

5 minutes ago, halboyles said:

Or vendors could just list products as being BMW OEM products or not.  That way buyers con't have to guess.

Not saying it is the case here but in some instances for some vendors that information (where the product comes from) is proprietary. That's how we stay in bizz. BTW we try to make this distinction in ALL OUR listings. If you see the words "factory" or "OE" then you know its BMW original, if you don't see this verbiage then you can pretty much assume it is not (aftermarket). And just to be clear OE does not necessarily mean made by BMW themselves, they used other companies to produce their product (ie. Glyco, LEMFOERDER, Febi, etc.).

'67 1600 B Sedan Race Car #5

'72 2002 B Sedan Lite Race Car #13

'83 E30 323i Bauer M30B35 Swapped

As far as any of us can figure out at this point, BMW doesn't fabricate any of the 2002 parts they sell.

So, technically, everything Mobile Tradidition Classic BMW sells for 2002s is OE.

It may be OEM, depending, but it's not made by BMW AG.

As far as you can tell, based on makers marks, casting details, etc.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

9 hours ago, Ireland Engineering said:

Aftermarket = $$

My original post was merely inquisitive, i.e., are these OEM and would it not be a good idea to call out whether or not they are OEM in the listing? As mentioned in my post, I planned to buy a set regardless...

The above, snooty response, as well as the second I.E. post "educating" us all about how "OE is not actually-really-necessarily-always-OE-but-is-sometimes OE" successfully upgraded (or downgraded) me from inquisitive to annoyed.

Oh, and I'm a very old I.E. customer and I know how reputable and awesome they are, so no need to remind me, dear friends.

First of all, I find the original post title of "New tii brake rotors back in stock!" to be misleading (I'd like to hope not intentionally so or "by design"). Everyone who owns a tii, myself included, has been waiting for ages for BMW to release a new batch of rotors. My (logical) interpretation of the post's subject line was that the OEM parts ship had finally appeared at the harbor.

Second, um yeah, I think everyone on this forum knows that nearly ALL "OE" parts are made for the manufacturer by outside vendors and are not smelted in-house by BMW. That whole blah-blah response seems designed to distract attention from the fact that you simply should have specified in your listing that the parts were aftermarket. "Aftermarket part" is different from "OE part made for BMW by an outside vendor," even if the two are identical with different numbers. I just think we have a right to clearly and unambiguously understand what we're buying at a glance of your ad.

Third, no I shouldn't "be able to make the distinction just by looking at the price." A. I haven't bought a set of tii rotors (OE or aftermarket) for ages and have no recollection as to what they cost; B. Hey, I have a better idea: Why don't you just clearly describe what you're selling?!; 3. I thought your response was candidly an unprofessional way to respond to a customer.

Finally, do you have a sponsored (paid advertising) arrangement with the FAQ that explains why you post "For Sale" items in the "General Discussion" forum?

Lots of personal, positive history with I.E. as a customer but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

COOP

Edited by COOP

1 hour ago, COOP said:

The above, snooty response, as well as the second I.E. post "educating" us all about how "OE is not actually-really-necessarily-always-OE-but-is-sometimes OE" successfully upgraded (or downgraded) me from inquisitive to annoyed.

Lots of personal, positive history with I.E. as a customer but this just rubbed me the wrong way.

Perhaps we'll soon see an ad from I.E. looking to hire a P.R. / customer relations individual....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ireland Engineering said:

Aftermarket = $$

If I'm looking at the correct Rockauto price at $36.79 vs IE at $86.00  I think the OEM question might be valid.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC