• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broke down need help near clarion on way to Vintage

Dionk

I run a mechanical pump and mine with new hoses and tight fittings is at least 1/4 full at idle. 

The more important indicator is how fuel is entering the filter... Weak stream? Strong surging? Bubbles in the fuel at all? Any bubbles indicate air being drawn into the fuel line between tank and filter.... That would need to be found and solved. 

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

This happened to me...random sputtering then just stopped...then suddenly started again.  I had a bad accelerator pump leak on my carb...seemed to fix the problem.  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

This happened to me...random sputtering then just stopped...then suddenly started again.  I had a bad accelerator pump leak on my carb...seemed to fix the problem.  

Was that a new part or can I fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's late now, and the help wouldn't be until Monday morning, but I've got a contact down there that could probably point you in the right direction for a shop- he's my inside sales guy at Ohlins...

I'll try to keep an eye here, but ping me if you get to Sunday evening / Monday morning and are still stuck...  dave@stmsuspension or 970.222.9597

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

From the pics you texted me, that shop needs to change the plug wires and sort out your ignition circuit. I suspect your carb/fuel issues are ignition-related...as the saying goes. 

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

So let me get straight; you break down within miles from the " " largest BMW vintage vehicle GTG on the east coast that does have parts swap vendors, you have to leave your car at a shop and the only help you can get is virtual. I find that disgraceful as a "community of enthusiasts"

Daron

So let me get straight; you break down within miles from the " " largest BMW vintage vehicle GTG on the east coast that does have parts swap vendors, you have to leave your car at a shop and the only help you can get is virtual. I find that disgraceful as a "community of enthusiasts"
Daron

Why log onto a forum when you can chat in person with the people you usually banter with online?

Most people probably won't even be checking the FAQ till they're back because the forums are face to face conversations, and the classifieds are now bins and tables of parts.

No disgrace here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk