• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 FIREWALL INSULATION PAD

Vana2002

Vana--I have a new OEM firewall pad that was broken in two pieces in the narrow center section above the tranny tunnel (bent in shipping process, it is hard to ship this piece without damage).  It can be glued back together without any sign of the break.  Unfortunately it will take me a week or so to get a pic.

Edited by nbcbird

On 1/12/2017 at 4:48 PM, Roundeie said:

Read through this. Photo's included show the EZ Kool + 3M 90 Spray adhesive work out fine. I don't have photos of mine yet but I mimic'd this

I hear that guy is really handsome.

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

Several years ago, from a junker I cut out the metal at the firewall, used it as a form to make a fiberglass piece to which I glued a foil-backed padding, installed it in my '72 at minimal cost, and I think it looks great.  If you want a photo, send me your e-mail address.

ferrance@aol.com

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone used the new BMW repop available at Roger's Tii? 

IMG_2720__54966.1537036901.1280.1280.jpg

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

I vote for leaving it off and that is what I am doing on my build. It will yellow over time and fail eventually leaving a mess. Your engine compartment looks super nice. I would show it off.

I took the saved money from not buying a pad and Jet-Hot coated my tii manifold for $125. I'll do the same with the downpipe. If that doesn't cut the heat enough, I'll add insulation inside the car. Manifold pic attached.

IMG_8645.jpeg

Edited by Adamha

1972 Tii

1997 Land Rover Defender LE #127

• 5 months later...
On 11/16/2018 at 4:12 AM, Mike A said:

Has anyone used the new BMW repop available at Roger's Tii? 

IMG_2720__54966.1537036901.1280.1280.jpg

I know they are available as repro and from BMW now,  but has anybody got a drawing or key dimensions so that I can make one??

'59 Morris Minor, '67 Triumph TR4A, '68 Silver Shadow, '72 2002tii, '73 Jaguar E-Type,

'73 2002tii w/Alpina mods , '74 2002turbo, '85 Alfa Spider, '03 Lotus Elise

• 5 months later...