• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 123 Ignition - lost in the mail

Kidasters

Well, dang.  Over a month since I ordered it (11/17).  A month since it shipped (11/23), and it's lost in the mail.  I sent 123 an e-mail, and here's the reply:

Thanks for your message, indeed we were also worried about your parcel and have started a trace request at the beginning of this week. Unfortunately no easy explanation was found by PostNL so we have had to ask for a formal investigation (see below). This can take up to 3 months (!), in our experience I will need to contact PostNL every two weeks to remind them about our request to shorten this period, so that's what I will do.

I am sorry for any inconveniences caused and will keep you posted when I have any news for you. Please also keep us posted when you'll receive information from USPS.

Merry Christmas,
Heidi

Not that it was going to get installed right away, but still a bummer.

I will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

I'm not too worried just yet though i don't like it either. I just received some nk parts through PostNL that took over a month to receive. The sender thought they may have been stuck in customs, but I don't have anything that would confirm that. and PostNL's tracking is lacking once it leaves the Netherlands. The NK parts showed up just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks esty - I tried that.  It says "unable to confirm the status of your parcel".

I'm hoping 123 is on top of it.  It could be stuck in customs - I know that happens.  If it turns up, I will shout.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

There's not much 123 can do, sometimes this happens.  I hope you won't try to blame 123 as its not like it's their fault at this point. They can open a claim with the carrier but that's is about it.

That being said, I have had international packages get lost and end up in my hands three months later. So I hope it works out for you, chances are it will!

Yeah - I know it's not their fault.  I'm happy that 123 is working with me to resolve it.  This is the second international shipment I've had get lost.  First one was a fuel tank sending unit for the italian mini that came from Germany.  It never turned up, and after some back and forth with the seller, the second one made it just fine.

Like I said, I will keep everyone posted on what happens.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Nope.  Based on the bar code number that is on it (which PostNL has), it hasn't entered the country yet.

I tried that bar code number at Parcel Force, and it said "unable to confirm the status of your parcel".

Prolly sitting behind the seat of some dutch guy's truck.

FAQ Member # 2616

-- My wife.

Yeah, this stuff happens.

When I was making shift knobs more often, I sent one to Germany and it got lost.

I ended up making the guy a much more intricate custom knob three months later.  He got it, and then got the original knob a week later.  

Sometimes it just takes time, or it gets dropped, or stuck in customs.

Part of the reason I laid off the knob work was that while I liked making them, and loved seeing peoples cars with my work in use I COULD NOT STAND  the shipping and admin part of it.

123 seems like a stand up company, and I bet they will make good if the ignition is lost.  It may just take some time.

Zach

Edited by vacca rabite

Wow, you too eh?! Mine shipped on the 24th of November and according to the tracking number it never arrived in the states. At first I thought "must be stuck in customs" but last week I started thinking that it's likely gone forever....I'm more than bummed considering that I only moved on it because my other distributer took a dump...car ran less than 6 months since a major overhaul and now it's sitting yet again.