• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 123 Ignition - lost in the mail

Kidasters

Maybe a ridiculous question, but why didn't you just order it from the US distributor and save yourself some headaches? When I looked at the conversion rate, it was $40 difference, which is something, but not that much in the scheme of things (I'll just sit out two night of beers with friends). I ordered mine on Jan. 17th and it arrived on 4 days later.

Now I'm just having trouble installing it which is completely user error, messed up on finding TDC.

I dunno - because I like pain?

Anyway.  Believe it or not, the one that was shipped on November 23 showed up today.   Box is heavily damaged (and waterlogged).  Dizzy looks intact, but can't tell if there is water damage inside the plastic carton.

2nd one is still enroute.

I've let 123 know that the first one arrived, and that the box was in bad shape.  I've offered to pay for the second one that is on the way.

We'll see.

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

42 minutes ago, Kidasters said:

I dunno - because I like pain?

Anyway.  Believe it or not, the one that was shipped on November 23 showed up today.   Box is heavily damaged (and waterlogged).  Dizzy looks intact, but can't tell if there is water damage inside the plastic carton.

2nd one is still enroute.

I've let 123 know that the first one arrived, and that the box was in bad shape.  I've offered to pay for the second one that is on the way.

We'll see.

Ken

Sorry to hear the logistics issues.  Bet your car will run much better and make you forget the shipping woes.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

18 minutes ago, jgerock said:

Sorry to hear the logistics issues.  Bet your car will run much better and make you forget the shipping woes.

Ha.  It's really no issue.  This is all for the future head swap, which I am currently too lazy to do.  So - it's not setting me back.  Car is running fine on the optical trigger ignition that I installed years ago.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.