• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barn/garage Tii find

BLUNT

Nice find! There are still some gems to be found. My 74 Tii, 2781168 was manufactured Jan 24th 1974.

Now the most important question, snorkel or not?

Yes  Its got a snorkel.  We literally had quick look at this thing and just took it.  It appears the nose has been replaced on this thing at some point but it was done well

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

If anyone has a nice set of late black front door panels we are interested. I want to pull the stereo out of this thing and get the car back to stock. Unfortunately he cut the door panels

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I had heard somewhere that mid year production cars switched to the center exhaust port.

My 74 tii is 449 and has the passenger side port while yours is 455 and exist the center.

but what do I know, nice find gives us all hope, except the part where you say you're not being a tii expert.  

Speaking of center ports ;-)

post-33884-0-99641800-1436976296.jpg

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

Boy if I had rolling hills of green like that, think of all the cars I could stash on it.

Thats Darryls property. Its incredible. Im full at home so we have to keep stuff at his house

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Steve's home away from home...

Picture from a drone...

I nominate Darryl as Andy S' replacement for space and car storage or should that be Blunt since Andy really stored his shit on someone elses land.

Edited by conkitchen

But what do I know

I nominate Darryl as Andy S' replacement for space and car storage or should that be Blunt since Andy really stored his shit on someones elses land.

So he's using me... Wondered why he called me Andy a few times...

Color-wise that looks pretty close to my 1991 "Verona" that the House of Camaros and Mustangs shot on my car.  Which then has changed over the years.  Eerily close.  

Way to get another one back into circulation.  Goodness.

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

On 7/15/2015 at 12:06 PM, conkitchen said:

I had heard somewhere that mid year production cars switched to the center exhaust port.

My 74 tii is 449 and has the passenger side port while yours is 455 and exist the center....

I'm not certain we can see enough to confirm that VIN 2780455 is a center exhaust car. The exhaust pipe I see is certainly non-stock and doesn't "tuck up tight-ish" like a stock exhaust. When they switched from the right-side to the center exhaust exit, they left a "ghost" on the rear lower valance, a flat half-moon, slightly larger in diameter than the exhaust pipe, at the right side. And they notched the center exit location, where the center exhaust exits (it's actually just right of center). My '76, below, is a terrible example because my BMW dealer -- when the car was about 2 years old -- tried to fit a right side exhaust to my car, without telling me. The mechanic -- notice that we had mechanics, not technicians ca. 1978 -- cut away the blank spot with a metal shears. I really don't want to discuss it! Anyway, we need a good photograph of the rear lower valance to determine center versus right exhaust configuration.

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-23027500-1436983396_thumb.j

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

That's a sweet looking car Steve.  Please post pics of the engine bay some time.  I wonder if the engine still has the '74tii specific stuff on it (vacuum retard distributer, extra vacuum stuff on the intake and air filter, ect.)  The stock setup works really well and matches the injection pump which was unique on the 74tiis.  Looking good,

John

My 74tii is 2781840 built 05/74 (right side exhaust exit)

Edited by JohnS

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️